GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, when I received my RB26 from my engine supplier it had a lot of aftermarket parts on it, including HKS pistons, twin top mount TD05 turbos, HKS wastegates, N1 water pump, esc. The head was modified to accomodate a high lift cam, although I am unsure if the cams are aftermarket. The cam gears also appear to be adjustable, although look like an OEM gear. Any information would be extremely helpful. Thank you

Cam Gears....

Camshaft.......The stamping says "U1", have not measured the lift yet

The engine when I received it.....

Being built....
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
622 Posts
Man where you get that engine from. The cam in the picture looks very rusty ! eek
& the picture of the engine build I take it you got from supplier of engine.
It shows box for Manley pistons but reckons hks in engine. Nothing wrong with Manley pistons. But be very suspicious of that engine & what you been told !

·
Registered
123 Posts
It wouldnt take a lot to take the sump off!
Have a look and be sure for yourself!
Does it look like its got a steel headgasket fitted?
Did the supplier give you a reciept stating all the mods?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rb26

I was not expecting to get a modified engine, and they would not take it back unless I covered all of the freight costs. Live and learn....ask a lot of questions! The engine has been rebuilt, and should be able to make good power.

As for the cam gears, I am unsure if I should reuse them, as I don't know much about them. They are adjustable, although they do not have adjustment marks on them. They look very similar to a JUN cam gear. Any ideas?

·
Registered
127 Posts
The rods don't look std they've certainly got arp's on them, and to be certain you'd need to see whats inside before you go mapping it - take off the sump and take some piccies and report back.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Cam pulleys are probably JUN, I've made some like these, but I doubt there mine.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The pictures of the pistons, rods, and head from after the rebuild. Originally the engine had 88mm HKS pistons, modified std rods, ported/polished/modified head, these unkown cam gears, unknown cams, twin top mount TD05 turbos, twin HKS wastegates, EGT sensors, and an N1 oil pump. The oil pump looked like it had been tampered with, is there anyway by looking to find out if the oil pump gear is upgraded. Everything has been replaced, I am just curious?

Thank you

Anymore reccomendations on the cam gears

1 - 7 of 7 Posts