GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.I want you,as being a long time members of this community and experienced owners of skyline and stuff, to tell me what you recommend for aftermarket single plate clutch which is soft/light/smooth/comfortable for private/street use for R34 RB26DETT which is currently available to buy.Thanks in advance for replies.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Speak to RB Motorsport about their sprung OSG option as I run this in a couple of cars and it is very good and great for street use.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man for reply. After calculations i did yesterday,the power is gonna be to big for single.Now i know i need twin.Anyone knows how to solve rattle problem with twins and getrag? I can afford for even very expensive clutch,flywheel etc,so what you reccomend for that matter? Im not talking half measures.(fine,good,little noise).Only best result.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The rattle - I'm guessing at idle - is the gearbox - NOT the clutch. It took ages to get used to but it is what it is. Only way to stop the rattle is a new gearbox and tbh unless you're going sequential then the Getrag is the biz.

Twin plate clutches - Nismo coppermix. Job done.
These are old cars - no point reinventing the wheel so to speak.
:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Agree with everyone else; Nismo Super Coppermix twin is great. It makes a tiny bit of noise when it's cold but once the car has warmed up it goes away. And like Ares says, that sound might be from my old gearbox, not the clutch itself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got a OS Giken twin inside. Car is used on track for 90%, the 10% remaining I use it as a cafe racer for the ice cream parlor. Traffic jam's are also no problem. Clutch comes in normal, like in my daily.

But I didn't know if it makes a difference if the clutch is pushed or pulled, as I have a R33GTR with the 5 speed H pattern.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts