GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you know my car as the old car owned by Jon in Norway.
It is a very nice car imported from Japan 2006.
I have had some very bad experience with ,i am not shure the right name in UK.
But when you want to get License plate you travel to them.
I have tried to get one day plate just to test drive before regular license plate.
But there i hit the wall and now i got a message from them that i need some documentation on the car before it is street legal.
So the man who checked my car told me to get some paper from UK or better get it (eøs) EU controlled and plated in UK??
Is there somebody who can give me a good idea what to do it will be a hell of a job to take the car from Norway to UK ,control it get license plate and then back
to Norway for new control.
Is there some who had theirs cars all street legal who will send me a copy of the registration paper , maybe this will help me:
Or even better if some had a good idea for me.thanks a lot.

·
Vendor
12,625 Posts
I think you mean you need the car to be MOT tested in the UK for roadworthiness and then registered on a UK registration plate which makes EU registration easier.

Do you still have the original japanese deregistration papers and bill of laden from the shipping company.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Davew
Yes a mot test and UK registration plate then the rest is easy in Norway but how can this be done?
And i have a Japanese export certificate and also a tentative defunct certificate for export
and there is a paper from Norwegian shipping Company.
Is this good or bad for me?
And i have not tested ecu i got from you yet, but soon.

Thanks again

·
Vendor
12,625 Posts
Hi

can you scan and send me the shipping export details and I will see what can be done.

Kindest regards

Hello Davew
Yes a mot test and UK registration plate then the rest is easy in Norway but how can this be done?
And i have a Japanese export certificate and also a tentative defunct certificate for export
and there is a paper from Norwegian shipping Company.
Is this good or bad for me?
And i have not tested ecu i got from you yet, but soon.

Thanks again

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
import it into Germany, easy as and much closer for you as the UK isn't recognised as EU all the time (In Belgium so assuming they're as retarded in Norway as here in Belgium) plus you can drive it legally upto a year on german export plates ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i am thinking on same idea but it was the man who controlled the car
told me the easiest place was uk.
If i go to Germany i have to pay TUV?? (£5000) and it is to much.
Retarded yes there is R32GTR in Norway on normal reg plates so i can not see the problem. But i will try again

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
document help Norway

I dont understand this ,there is some companys in UK interesting helping me
with document for my gtr but after a while there is no replay when i am asking
if there is something new about the paper why??
The company import export this cars all over the world it should be a piece of cake to search the paper i need to get the car legal on road.
I asked in Norway if i had to bring my car to UK,Sweden etc. to get it MOT there but it is not neccesary i just need some documentation to show that r32gtr is safe enough for Norwegian road.Maybe it will be enough to buy a copy of a european roadlegal r32gtr document ,i dont know

So there is some company i will not contact again, but all people out there give me some idea what serious people,company i need to contact? Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts