GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a set of diffs, poss Nismo range, for a mix of road and track would it be better getting say something like a 1.5 way/2way for the rear and a 1 way for the front? I know some people have had a nightmare with with turning the car in tight spaces when used on road.

Will see how that works with the getrag box using 4.111 if the ratios are too low, I will get a set of 3.7cw/pinion set.

Thoughts and views appreciated.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
I have a Nismo 1.5 way rear LSD and it is not in anyway car park friendly! Open road however it is lovely from what limited experience I have had with it.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I have the Quaife front and Nismo GT PRO 1.5 way in the rear.

The Quaife is hands down the BEST handling mod I have done to the car.
The Nismo is currently set to Medium (is adjustable in the car) and I feel its a little too much. It does chatter and clunk a little in carparks but it's nothing worth writing home about. If anything it's character building :D.

WillRob - have you tried the OS GIKEN 80W-250 oil? It calms them down ALOT! I was advised to run this oil in both front and rear diffs.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Nice, thanks for the tip, I will get some soon. I haven't really had much chance to try it out properly but I'm hoping it'll be good!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm currently running a Nismo GT Pro 2 way in the rear. It ratchets while turning and makes a fairly good amount of noise, but I like it. It makes a big difference in traction.

As far as the Nismo gearset goes, I wouldn't spend the money on it. It's ridiculously overpriced for what it is, just stick with the gears that are already in it.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback on the diff. I do not mind any noises as long is it does not make life hell driving around town and on the roads. What do you have up front a std diff or a Nismo LSD?

The 3.7 cw/p setup is around £1100 so not that bad, but will see how it goes with 4.111 first.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My brother has an r34gtr rb28
What advantages and disadvantages do you get in a 4wd with after market lsds
And well , is it worth it for a road occational on track car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts