GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
finally got my GTR home and registered etc. Problem is thieves attacked the car while it was at the port and as a result i'm left with a bit of a wiring nightmare.

I had 3 Greddy Electronic gauges, they stole 2 and left the boost. I am getting power to the boost gauge (it lights up) but no reading otherwise. They stole the HKS EVC 5 head unit, but the stepper motor (where the vac lines attach) is still there and connected.

There is a vac line to a greddy box in the engine that is T'd into one hose off the EVC which is T'd into the FPR (i'm assuming this is for the boost gauge).

Now my question is, why am I not getting any kind of boost reading (no vac reading either) (I havent driven the car into boost yet as I'm unsure of what kind of boost it will be running and don't want to blow the motor).

Secondly, I tried bypassing the T from the EVC to the FPR and just connecting the greddy box to the T from the FPR, this changed nothing except it resulted in my tachometer stop working and the torque gauge getting pegged past full once the ignition is turned. I put the vac setup back to how it was but the tach and torque gauge are still acting funny :(

I haven't driven the car during any of this. The car has just been sitting in my garage.

Please help!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate but if I were you I would take the car to a reputable tuner, because unless you really know your stuff your car will be there for a lot longer. It might cost you but at least it will done properly and you will be able to enjoy your car. One of those things.:smokin:

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Im not normally the one to say this, but he's right - any reputable garage will be able to sort that mess out fairly easily I would have thought :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well with the help of the 800 page service manual and a few cuts, managed to get the cluster working again. It was Fuse #21 under the steering wheel.

Now my issue is the Boost gauge. I'm getting power but no actual reading. It's the Greddy Electronic 60mm Warning gauge. Not sure why it's getting power but no reading, doesn't really make sense to me.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine (Autometer electronic) has separate power for the gauge and the lights. Could you be 'lighting up', but not powering the gauge itself?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GTR-Dad said:
Mine (Autometer electronic) has separate power for the gauge and the lights. Could you be 'lighting up', but not powering the gauge itself?
Interesting thought. I've checked all the connections and they are all fine. So it doesn't really make any sense. Maybe i'll just buy a mechanical boost gauge today. Gotta see how much boost I'm running lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts