GTR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to hi-jack Yeti's thread, but for the lesser amongst us, I'm on the same mission only with an R33GTS25T.

I've gone the usual route with suspension, induction, de-cat and exhaust, but now I'm in the position to start real mods, only thing is I'm a bit worried that I'll start killing things if I go much further with out some guidance.

So, where do I go from here in order to ensure longevity of my engine and solid reliable power, I know that I should be thinking along the lines of the following but in what order - boost controller, dump valve ECU, front pipe, bigger turbo, intercooler, oil cooler, and various gauges to keep an eye on it all.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yep, pretty much agree with Blitz.

Front pipe will make a difference and you'll need to upgrade the intercooler as the stock one is pretty small. After that, it's an oil cooler (for reliability), a Power FC, GTR fuel pump, boost controller and possibly a Z32 Airflow meter. Should be able to run 1.0 bar without changing the head gasket but make sure you use good fuel (SUL + Octane booster) as it's touch and go with your 9:1 compression ratio.

After that it depends on how deep your pockets are i.e. HKS 2540 or 2535 with thicker head gasket and 550cc injectors or Trust TD06-25G/T78 etc with even bigger injectors and cams etc. There is lot of kit available for the RB25DET.

Talat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts