1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advice wanted time

Where do I go from here?

Car 1997 GTR V-Spec
Uprated Crank bearings, low compression pistons (not sure what spec), HKS 1.2mm steel head gasket, Standard turbos with steel roller bearing internals, HKS Priest full exaust with cat replacement, HKS powerflow induction, HKS EVC III boost controller running 1.2 kg/cm2, with .2kg/cm2 scramble boost, Abbey ecu, and HKS springs.

Should currently be somewhere around the 420 to 480 bhp mark I hope. She certainly feels quick enough, compared to a known 380 bhp car I test drove.

What do I go for next, other than a clutch, because I know that the one I have wont take much more abuse.

I want more power, but also want to retain the driveability. I don't want a monster with nothing below 4000 rpm.

More torque would probable be a better bet, but how do I get it.

And now the crunch, I don't want to spend huge amounts of cash either.

Am I asking the impossible.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
As Guy said you should look into the more aggressively profiled cams.
But after you have installed the new clutch the obvious step seems to new turbines....as your engine is in perfect condition to handle some.
HKS has recently brought out a new turbine kit called Linear Charger. The output is very similar to the GT2530s only difference is top end power is substituted for mid rpm power and torque. They seem to be the cheaper ones available at 288 000 yen(around 1655 UKP)
\
Dino

·
Registered
547 Posts
Cams

I'm not sure about the profile lift yet, I'll need some advice from someone who really knows what all the tradeoffs are.

All I know is that I want lots of mid-range Zzapp!

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
I think Shin is in the UK at the moment, as I haven't heard from him in a while.
He is looking around now for a decent place to set up his business....

As for the Mines complete engine....I'll have to dig out some info for you.
I'll send you what I find via e-mail

Dino

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Shin

If Shin is in the UK he will probably show up at that meeting. He was telling me about this a few weeks ago when we last met up. Unfortuantely I have no way of contacting him outside Japan....

Re Mines Super R engine...I've sent you some info at hotmail

Dino

1 - 8 of 8 Posts