GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
morning all,

If i do not use my skyline for say more than 4 days the battery almost dies on it. it just doesnt hold charge for very long, also on my pioneer sat nav unit ive got a digital voltmeter and when driving it reads around 12.3-12.6 volts, and when the stereo is cranked up with lights on etc it dips down to 12volts, are the standard batteries known to be crap in the R33 GTR or is it that mines died?

where can i get a new battery that will fit directly where the standard one goes and does anybody do an uprated battery that will still fit into the standard postion? many thanks.

HAHAH:chuckle: :) BYE BYE SUDDAM HAHAHAHA WHAT GOES AROUNG COMES AROUND, KARMA-WHAT A BITCH

·
Registered
771 Posts
I've been looking for one today and i found that you would require a Japanese Battery coded HJ-LB20L, there are also YT-LB20L and SB-LB20L batteries, i have the latter on a 1995 GTST.

BUT the UK don't seem to stock them or offer a direct and exact sized alternative :( :(

·
Registered
449 Posts
When the engine is running the voltage is provided by the alternator not the battery, and it should be about 13.5~14.0 volts.

If it is lower than this then it means your battery will not be getting charged enough by the alternator, and will eventually not have enough charge to start the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts