GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,im new to this site and need some info asap.
im thinking of buying a 1995 gts type m with full veilside body kit,kashimoto s/steel exhaust,greedy front mount intercooler,hks filter,apex suspension,defi turbo,and a few more extras,

i currently have a 1999 impreza uk model with hks induction,and cat back exhaust.

would somebody please give me the performance figures on the skyline as i dont know what to buy yet,my choices are a rx7 twin turbo,evo 6,mitsubishi gto twin turbo,supra twin turbo,nissan 300zx twin turbo,

i prefer the skyline out of these but am not clued up on them.

i class myself as a very good driver so would like to get a car to really test me my budget is 7k ive had bmw m3s,cosworths,volvo t5r.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Good advice is stay away from Veilside kitted R33's, they damn ugly.

From your list, 7K for an Evo6, don't think so, not in any decent condition anyway, and I would personally drop the GTO and 300ZX. Stay away from the RX7 unless your a sado masochist.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thats not a lot of help is it?what about the performance figures?some people find cars ugly some dont,i may find you car ugly.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Use the search button for performance figures, but a quick run down on a GTS-t - 250bhp, around 1400Kg, rear wheel drive. Very tail happy.
With a few mods will smoke an M3. Relatively easy to get them to around 400bhp.

For 7K you should get a really good spec 1 GTS-t (prior to 96). A VS kit should make it worth much less. (The fact that no one sells replica Veilside kits in the UK makes them 'officially' ugly).
That help?

·
Registered
348 Posts
well after 7 years of looking through mags , internet , auto trader ive prefered the r32 gtr to rest of the sports cars.
you can have a scooby you can have a mitsubishi but just think if you buy a skyline you are owning a classic god.

anyway your question, the handling on the r32 gtr is outstanding mine is lowered and is a dream to drive for eg a lancer had to brake round a roundabout today? i cruised past him with ease.

the standard power is the same as that to your scooby depending on what year you have got then add 10 to 20 bhp more.

0 to 62 mph standard is 4.7 secs
but what i have learned from the r32 gtr is that it is an art to drive
keeping the boost to the same point when changing gear feels brilliant as it just wants to keep going.

taking off once again is an art, get it wrong and you have lost a second.

think of the gts as a son to the gtr, it isnt born with the power the daddy has got but it has potential.
hope this helps.
anyway hi and welcome:wavey:

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
hi everyone,im new to this site and need some info asap.
im thinking of buying a 1995 gts type m with full veilside body kit,kashimoto s/steel exhaust,greedy front mount intercooler,hks filter,apex suspension,defi turbo,and a few more extras,

i currently have a 1999 impreza uk model with hks induction,and cat back exhaust.

would somebody please give me the performance figures on the skyline as i dont know what to buy yet,my choices are a rx7 twin turbo,evo 6,mitsubishi gto twin turbo,supra twin turbo,nissan 300zx twin turbo,

i prefer the skyline out of these but am not clued up on them.

i class myself as a very good driver so would like to get a car to really test me my budget is 7k ive had bmw m3s,cosworths,volvo t5r.
Get this for £6,500. (Shameless plug follows):

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/62296-gun-metal-grey-r32-gtr.html

·
Banned
165 Posts
For £7k i would say an RX7 an R32 GTR,R33 GTS, Evo IV (i think), dont think a Supra TT would be easy to get at that price though

IMO it would be an RX7 or the R32

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
RX7 - fuel guzzler and horror to work on -expect one needing a rebuild for 7k
Evo IV mental but not that great and getting long in the tooth
R33 GTS - good daily driver but not mental from stock. however quickly tuneable, parts are very affordable, easy to work under the bonnet of and not ballistic on fuel.
R32 - old car but as has been said - tarmac god! Be prepared to swear at it when you wanna change the oil filter :) the trim may start causing some probs (read threads on here about rubber trims on windows leaking water into ecu area etc..).
however no denying - they're bloody ballistic and stick to the road like its on rails.

·
Banned
165 Posts
They are not as bad as people make out, do drink a lot of fuel and I havent worked on a rotary before but know that it can be a bit of a pain, the rewards though are excellent, great cars, just a lot of maintainence. The rebuilts are not usually occur quickly if you dont take care of the car

·
Hawaii-5-0
1,817 Posts
Yeah I'd echo this, there's a lot of really shoddy knackered FDs around at the moment, it's a shame because no-one wants to pay the extra for a really decent well sorted one

·
Registered
448 Posts
for 7k, if you do a bit of looking will get you a good R32 GT-R, probably stage 1 tune, approx. 400hp. If you are really lucky you may come across something for a good bit less, or one with bigger hp, but do your homework as a wrongun will be costly. Depending on your age, the insurance is not as big a killer as you might think.

Like a couple of the guys said before, an R32 GT-R is getting old now, but you will not regret owning one. They are the dogs! :D A true motoring icon and a proper Japanese supercar.

Nothing wrong with R33 GTS-T, but for the sheer driving experience, it has to be GT-R, 32, 33 or 34 (IMHO :p )

R32 GT-R, one of the best cars you will get for the money, I think. :D Just do a bit of research on it and you will see what the car is all about, it will suprise you! :clap:

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
160 Posts
stay away from the 300zx, they are very unreliable. avoid the rx7 unless u like engine rebuilds and 7k for a evo.....whats wrong with it???

skyline all the way!!!!!!!! although i do want a supra TT in the near future

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all the help guys really,ive made my mind up im going for the skyline,im 30 and have no no claims,confused .com have quoted me £1312 is that good or not?like i said its got hks induction,kashimoto exhaust,defi turbo,

a question
could i get it superchiped?
would you go for a de cat box?
whats the other way to gain bhp for not alot of cash as have just bought new house.
thanks everyone gav.

·
Registered
160 Posts
£1300 is good for any cat 20 car
im 23 and paying just under a grand with one years no claims. plus skylines are reliable as f*ck!!!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Hmmm, Kashimoto Exhaust? Havent heard of that brand...I have a Kakimoto exhaust tho...It's loud!

Still think I would go for the R32...sounds like you have a Hard on for this 33 tho...:p

·
Registered
160 Posts
R33s are quite good, beautiful cars. people say the r32 is the best ever skyline but id query that! but hey a skyline is a skyline no doubt!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sorry folks if you open the link its on page 5 let me know everyone.
p.s. look at that back end cause thats what people are gonna see.

·
Registered
160 Posts
yes mate that is nice!! type M aswell so very rapid. make sure u av a good look at it inside and out before you buy. query the cam belt n stuff aswell!!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts