GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking for some recommendations on my next step. My R32 gtr currently has this spec:

- Apexi air filters
- Calsonic intercooler and hardpipes
- NGK iridium sparkplugs
- Twin plate clutch
- Apexi AVCR
- Apexi down pipe
- Blitz nur spec r exhaust and decat

and a few other bits but nothing that directly affects performance. Currently I'm only running 0.8 bar of boost, worried about chewing up what i presume to be my standard ceramic turbos.

I'm looking for about 400bhp at the wheels, so not massive power (by the standards of most on here :bowdown1:). This is what I'm planning to do, with a tight budget in mind.

- There is a pair of R33 N1 turbos on ebay
Do those sound a sensible choice? I would have to have them rebuilt anyway given their mystery past. I don't really want to spend vast amounts on turbos I would hardly even stress with my fairly modest power target.

- Greddy e-manage or PFC
Obviously the e-manage is a hell of a lot cheaper, but I guess that depends on who is doing the next step :)

- Mapping

Does that look sensible? am I missing something obvious?

Any help greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
What do the second hand N1s plus a rebuild cost ?
Unless it's a very economical solution, I'd suggest the GT-SS kit is a better option for 400atw.
I've seen some posts on here where the GT-SS kit costs about 1200 GBP.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah thought about the GT-SS route.
Thing is I think I should be able to get rebuilt N1's and the ECU for less than the price it would really cost to get hold of a pair of GT-SS turbos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts