GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, so im getting near the end... its armost ready to come out, heres my issues, and i would super appreciative of some advice for solutions:

1) no matter how hard i crank on my breaker bar i just can't get the stupid fill or drain plugs to come out of both my front diff and my tranny!! they're like stuck in there (they're all 1/2" drive)... do i need to heat them up first or something? whats the deal?

2) refer to photo below - the transfercase fluid i assume MUST be drained so i can disconnect the attessa fill tube reservoir pipe and the speedo cable. right? but not only does the fluid drain plug (again 1/2" drive) refuse to come out.. but so does the fill plug.. AND on top of that what the fuk is the size of the fill plug? 1/2" drive is too big and 3/8" drive is too small!!! grr help!

3) that starter motor is a huge pain to remove.. does it really need to come off in order to pull the engine? or can i just leave it on there?

the plan is to pull the motor and trans out all at once as one piece.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Ah, yep Im pretty sure if you are not trying to split the engine box, you can leave the starter motor in, a 14mm stubby ratchett is a good investment anyway ....
It is possible the threads may have been damaged in the sump and some clown has loctited the plugs in, try heating it with the gas set to make the loctite let go, see if it has like white crusty looking stuff on the thread, that will be loctite.
You are only trying the get the loctite to realease with the heat ok,,,your not trying to get the sump plug cherry red or any other shit ....

Should just undo, I dont understand anyone leaning on sump bolts that hard to do them up, they are a fine thread so they need swa torque to do up.

Should be able to udo the speedo cable with your fingers ....
Undo the nut painted with a yellow dot...might be 11mm OR if its really tight unto the two bolts either side that holdthe flange on.
Dont **** the 11mm nut ....

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya there is that white crusty stuff around all my plugs! damn.. so they've been loctited in? horse poop!

ill try it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts