GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My R34 skyline have a sharp screen on the MFD can i convert them to toshiba screen? some said that toshiba screen is better. Is it true what are the bad things of the Sharp screen:clap:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Not without changing the internal boards as well - in other words buying another MFD unit.

The Sharp screen gets a bad press because if the inverter circuit fails, there is not really a replacement, whereas there are more spares available for the Toshiba screens.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Not without changing the internal boards as well - in other words buying another MFD unit.

The Sharp screen gets a bad press because if the inverter circuit fails, there is not really a replacement, whereas there are more spares available for the Toshiba screens.
Will the plugs behind the MFD of the toshiba screen and Sharp the same?? i remember that there are 2 plugs entering the internal board(not the display screen) in the sharp screen MFD.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
The plugs for the MFD unit are the same regardless of the screens. The plugs on the screens themselves and the internal boards are different though.

·
Super Moderator
15,694 Posts
I thought V-Spec II were not until 2002?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts