GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am getting my GTR33 V-spec in approx. 2 months (still in Japan). The car, especially the engine is still stock.
I have made a thread in the projects forum and will update with pics as soon as I pass the 15 posts limit.

So when it comes over it gets directly some parts so the homologation is done correcly with the parts.
I will not do all in the list, but i would need your suggestion which is the better part/make, so I can make my choice.

now on the parts:

- Exaust:
Already has a rear muffler and will add the middle exaust pipe

- Induction :
Apexi Super suction
Blitz Suction
Greddy Suction
or HKS alternative
?

- Suspension:
. Cusco Zero 2E
. Cusco Zero 3Z (is that overkill and what is the price, didn't found one)
. Tein Flex
. Bilstein PSS9
. Ohlin

- ECU
.Haltech + Remap (again overkill? at least for the beginning)
.Apexi Fc+ controller + Remap

- Brakes
Brakes lines + front discs
Complete big brakes set
or Suggestions?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No not really, got a shop owner who answered, gave an opinion about the ECU and proposed some alternative for the suspension (nismo).

But I really could need some help with the selection above, any suggestion will be welcome. I have already got a better opinion after some thinking, but a experienced advice is always welcome, especially as I am new to Nissan or the JDM market.
For the suspension I need a fully adjustable one.

The car was shipped on dec. 18th.
Now I am waiting for it to arrive (still a few weeks away :().

Thanks in advance.

(I really get to get those 15 posts up, well one less now ;))

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ok, I can help you on your postcount aswell as a littlebit of info.

If you try the searchbutton you can find numerous info. This forum has very much info.

The first you have to tell is what your plans are with the car.

Will she only be used as a road car, will you probably sometimes use her for track or even dragrace. The more you know what you want, the more you can search for and the more people can help you with (not standard) answers.

Give it a try!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
No not really, got a shop owner who answered, gave an opinion about the ECU and proposed some alternative for the suspension (nismo).

But I really could need some help with the selection above, any suggestion will be welcome. I have already got a better opinion after some thinking, but a experienced advice is always welcome, especially as I am new to Nissan or the JDM market.
For the suspension I need a fully adjustable one.

The car was shipped on dec. 18th.
Now I am waiting for it to arrive (still a few weeks away :().

Thanks in advance.

(I really get to get those 15 posts up, well one less now ;))
Ok so I guess what you are saying is, once the car arrives and is homologated, it must be homologated with the tuning parts you want, otherwise you are stuck with what the car arrives with? In other words, the car must be modified immediately upon arrival and before registration?

If so, may I ask why you have listed those parts? Was it due to some research, or is it what is available to you? Because my advice would be, if you have the money, to buy the best parts you can... but what is "best" is sometimes subjective, and also it depends on how the car will be used. Will it be mostly on the circuit, or around town? If a road car, then mostly expressway, or slow city streets?

Because if the car is for in town, even with some occasional expressway use, I would think that you want the most comfortable suspension (not necessarily fully adjustable - and what are you talking about here - height, or compression/damping, or both?), and the standard Brembos work well (just choose good brake pads).

But, if it will be seeing track/circuit use, then you DO want a fairly harsh riding, adjustable suspension, and you should upgrade to a larger rotor and corresponding calipers, ideally both front and rear. However, to go above 343mm rotors, you will need to replace the stock wheels with 18 inch wheels, etc.

Also, for the ECU - if it has a standard ECU, or even one for the JDM market, it may not work with the petrol in your location. In which case, you will have to buy another ECU that works for the car. A truly stock R33 GTR will ALSO still have a speed limiter in place that limits your top speed to 180kph, and the aftermarket ECU should remove that.

Just to get you thinking...

Aki

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok, I can help you on your postcount aswell as a littlebit of info.

If you try the searchbutton you can find numerous info. This forum has very much info.

The first you have to tell is what your plans are with the car.

Will she only be used as a road car, will you probably sometimes use her for track or even dragrace. The more you know what you want, the more you can search for and the more people can help you with (not standard) answers.

Give it a try!
Thanks mate. Well I need the 15th post so I can update my car thread with images, otherwise it's plain text and not that "interesting"
I already had aquired some real good info on this forum.(like on the induction system, there was an informative thread)

The car will be used mainly for road use, and will see sometimes a track but will not participate in competitions or anything (tourist track days)

Ok so I guess what you are saying is, once the car arrives and is homologated, it must be homologated with the tuning parts you want, otherwise you are stuck with what the car arrives with? In other words, the car must be modified immediately upon arrival and before registration?

If so, may I ask why you have listed those parts? Was it due to some research, or is it what is available to you? Because my advice would be, if you have the money, to buy the best parts you can... but what is "best" is sometimes subjective, and also it depends on how the car will be used. Will it be mostly on the circuit, or around town? If a road car, then mostly expressway, or slow city streets?

Because if the car is for in town, even with some occasional expressway use, I would think that you want the most comfortable suspension (not necessarily fully adjustable - and what are you talking about here - height, or compression/damping, or both?), and the standard Brembos work well (just choose good brake pads).

But, if it will be seeing track/circuit use, then you DO want a fairly harsh riding, adjustable suspension, and you should upgrade to a larger rotor and corresponding calipers, ideally both front and rear. However, to go above 343mm rotors, you will need to replace the stock wheels with 18 inch wheels, etc.

Also, for the ECU - if it has a standard ECU, or even one for the JDM market, it may not work with the petrol in your location. In which case, you will have to buy another ECU that works for the car. A truly stock R33 GTR will ALSO still have a speed limiter in place that limits your top speed to 180kph, and the aftermarket ECU should remove that.

Just to get you thinking...

Aki
Hi and thanks for the reply,
The car can and will have futher mods in the future, but it is a pain here to get things homologated for imported cars or parts without papers (Tüv, E-norm, ABE,...).
So I try to get some parts in the car directly so that I am ok for a year or 2, and don't need to pass homologation directly again after receiving the car.
That's the idea behind it.

I found these pieces due to research and some suggestion from other JDM drivers. I come from the german car scene, so I had to do fairly a bit of research for the car and parts.

Because my advice would be, if you have the money, to buy the best parts you can...
>That's a good mindset. I think the same but as I don't have much experience in the JDM sector, I think/thaught the listed one would already be in the top tier.
AS above the car will be used for road use mainly (as a second car, so not the daily driver) with some track use (tourist)

When I mean fully adjustable, I mean height and stiffness (2-way or 1-way).

For the ECU, the car is still bone stock in the engine bay (even got the standard air filter! and has the speed limiter still on), the importer would have changed it for the petrol use, but without a performance remap, but I want a stand alone ECU. A friend has the haltech in his skyline, but I think it might be an overkill on the car as the tuneups will be fairly standard and a Apexi should be enough.

Thanks for the info on the brakes. So if I would change the brake lines (to the aviation ones) the disc (drilled or ...) and pads, I should have a good brake system?

In any case, I really appriciate your help.

I am nearing the 15th post count so photos will be upcoming.

Also as info, the car has a rollcage in it :D

·
Registered
272 Posts
You could have answered all replies individualy, so you would have had a few more postcounts, just joking.

The suggestion: when you buy parts, buy the best (or at least very good parts) is the one I would do and have done

1 - 7 of 7 Posts