GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, can anyone tell me how to get to the rear shock towers in a R33 GTR?

I have HKS suspension (still don't know what exact type only that they are purple and adjustable) and I would like to adjust the valving. I just need to know how to get at them.

Any hints?

Thanks.

David.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
If the adjusters are on top,you need to pull out the rear seats:)

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
dunno about the R33 but on the R32 it was simply a matter of trimming the trunk trim down right where they cover the towers - it's just carpet-covered plastic is all.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, still don't know what type of shocks they are, but.... at least I got at the.

Can someone tell me what the h*ll I am supposed to do to adjust this?????

The fronts were easy.. 3mm allen key and just count the clicks. If only I new how many I could turn as they stop in the clockwise direction but not the counterclockwise(at least I stopped at 30 clicks then returned to the clockwise stop and went back 12 clicks). I don't want to break anything.

Now can someone tell me how to adjust the rears?

Also for you suspension guys, here are some poor shots of the rear shocks. Any ideas which HKS units they are?

And the bottom of them....

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :bowdown1:

Thanks.

David.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Well i don't have HKS coilovers, but Aragosta, but adjustment of the damping should be the same for all coilovers with adjustment screw on top of the coilover.

Now that you have adjusted the front, you should do the same on the rear, but the rear should be 2-3 click harder than the front. But then again, what is hard and soft way.
From what i can see, is they look like HKS Hypermax II :

Find a HKS dealer and get the adjustment tool for the rear, they should be around 7$ from HKS own website.

Regards
Jan

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Taken from HKSusa :
The Hipermax II coilover suspension kits have been engineered to be track ready suspension that is still "streetable". Dampening and rebound can be adjusted simultaneously in 30 different increments to deliver the desired shock compression and rebound stiffness. Ride height is adjusted by simply rotating the 60mm spring retainer perches around the chromed steel shock body. The dual interlocking spring retainer perches prevent spring movement and unwanted ride height changes.

regards
Jan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts