GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on the idea of putting together a replica of the legendary
N1 R32.

Of course sourcing parts a nightmare and bloody expensive even for the most basic things but it's something i really want to do, which is why i'm hoping i count on you lot to point me in the right direction.

The car is currently in being rebuilt over the winter so now's the perfect time to get all the info i can to make it as close to the original as possible.

If anyone could suggest a good source of information or supply a spec sheet or maybe some contacts for parts it would grately appreciated.

I'm having real trouble trying to find a contact for the wide arch body parts and as of yet still can't find any interior shots!

Please dig deep into your archives as i'm up against a brick wall.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I've been working on the idea of putting together a replica of the legendary
N1 R32.
Me too ,well not quite a full on replica ,just trying to replicate the bodyshape/width.
Still not sure about the graphics, ive had a few of the Calsonic ones on for a few years and not sure wether to go the whole hog or take them all off , but if you find a source for body parts please let me know .

Will post up some more exterior shot when i get in from work . :)

·
Registered
751 Posts
graphics and stuff...

don't tamiya do a model kit of it ??
which should give you a pretty good idea?? for graphics etc
just a thought...
can't help on spec someone should be able to ...
maybe in our libary???
:)

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
You need to go to the Nismo Festival with a good cemera anda tape measure. The GTROC will be going there in November 2007. :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought a couple of 1.24 scale model kits from Japan which were great for graphic reference, you can order all the lendary 32's - haven't got round to building them yet (gotta say i prefer the real thing)

The problem is not so much the livery but getting a more detailled spec as the kits are all based on the original body - not the wide arch format.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need to go to the Nismo Festival with a good cemera anda tape measure. The GTROC will be going there in November 2007. :)
Consider me in for the trip, also i'm off to Japan in April for a general parts gathering excercise - but it's what i do now and the planning that's important.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I've never been able to find a scale model of the widebody R32s...who makes them? Tamiya doesn't...

·
Premium Member
3,819 Posts
The widebody cars were campaigned in 94 and 95 after Group A ended and GT rules came into effect. They were superceded by the R33 wide body GT cars. N1 class was totally seperate. I have few pics in books but my scanner is busted.
The nearest body kit would be the M's factory kit. You best net is to start studying how to make your own bodywork - glass or carbon fibre.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Not an R32 admittedly, but it still might give you a few clues on what you are looking at with regard to bodywork. This bodyshell was up for grabs in Japan a few months ago. A genuine ex-Works Impul Calsonic item. Bought by a friend of a friend, who is going to turn it back into a running car with a nice collection of genuine ex-Works parts...........

·
Registered
160 Posts
How do i get blacked out front lights like that yellow skyline???? i want that!!

is it legal?

·
Registered
160 Posts
the blue skylines lights are blacked out but you can see that they are on!! i think that looks lush!!! i want to make my skyline a dark mysterious car :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not an R32 admittedly, but it still might give you a few clues on what you are looking at with regard to bodywork. This bodyshell was up for grabs in Japan a few months ago. A genuine ex-Works Impul Calsonic item. Bought by a friend of a friend, who is going to turn it back into a running car with a nice collection of genuine ex-Works parts...........

PS30 SB could you enquire with your pal about the contacts he used to track down that shell - they maybe able to help me source mine - would be much appreciated

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
That R33 bodyshell looks amazing do you have a site or something where the rebuilding process is going to be commented?
That would be THE rebuild story of all times for me.:eek: :bowdown1: :popcorn:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts