GTR Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
PS30 SB could you enquire with your pal about the contacts he used to track down that shell - they maybe able to help me source mine - would be much appreciated
These things tend to change hands within a small circle of people that are 'in the know'. They don't usually get advertised or brought to the attention of the general public - for obvious reasons. It's not what you know - it's who you know, I'm afraid.

It probably goes without saying too that building a 'replica' and rebuilding / refurbing a genuine ex-Works race car are two quite different things. With a 'lookalike' you can take the accuracy as lightly as you want, and a true 'replica' would demand a completely different level of cost and rare parts sourcing. Rebuilding a semi-complete ex-Works car is a whole other level of responsibility, cost and research entirely.

andreasgtr said:
That R33 bodyshell looks amazing do you have a site or something where the rebuilding process is going to be commented?
Sorry Andreas, the rebuild process of this car is very unlikely to end up on the 'net. The people involved are just not that way inclined I'm afraid.

·
6,821 Posts
As we are talking about GT-shells or wide body parts, can somebody tell me where to get the exact parts of the R34 Falken car?

I never found these wheel arch enlargement somewhere in japan:mad: Th efront bumper can be supplied by C-West, but is it the same . . . .

·
6,821 Posts
similar to z tune fenders or are the completly diff?
The Z-Tune fenders are no enlargement fenders (correct me please), don't know about the Z-Tune wheels offset and if there are wheels spacers in the game . . . .
The Falken-like kit needs large wheel spacers and a diffrent off set of wheels (19") to look nice, a bit like the Sunline kit, wich seems to be less larger then the M-Speed.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hi,

we are currently working on a carbon fibre wide body kit inspired by the JGTC GTr34's for the GTR32. I specialize in design, prototyping and tooling, but also produce composite parts for various industries. I.e Seat supercopa body kits are done by me. I have all facilities, Catia V5, 5-axis milling machine, Tooling, Production. If someone is interested in doing one-offs or small series-manufacture send me a note. I will post pictures soon.
One of our future projects will be building small series Rally Group B replicas.
check C2i - Welcome to the c2i webpage!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hi,
the previous posts show the inferiour visual I made with a graphic designer. It looked nice but now I am getting serious. One of eastern europe's best automotive designer is now working externally for me. He is the one behind the K1 Attack. Anyways, my race car will be hybrid tube frame construction, custom double wishbone construction front and rear with custom suspension mounts and dampers in a 45 deg. angle. All driveshafts are widened by 13cm, there will be a custom super size side exhaust system, fuel cell, airjacks, blah blah, but most important is the body. All carbon fibre, interiour, exteriour, ducts, shrouds, even i/c piping and maybe even intake plenum made of carbon fibre. The possibilities are there, I just have to see how to finance the tooling and allocate time.
The whole kit will be available seperately or can be bought as a whole fitted on car. I will wait till I have more pictures and post a buildbook. If there is anything I can do for you feel free to ask.

Oh, Z Tune, have you considered a small series production for the Gr. A's, I might be interested in doing it with you. If you have serious thought on it please PM.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Oh, Z Tune, have you considered a small series production for the Gr. A's, I might be interested in doing it with you. If you have serious thought on it please PM.
I am open to ideas - naturally its relative to cost and subject to seeing some of your finished work

JAY pm me about this please

·
Registered
269 Posts
Here is the full side view of the beauty or shall I say beast instead. Note the fenders, side pipe ( if we can call it that ) and hot air ducts for venting the rear brakes right where the rear lights are. Original fenders will be cut, the new kit will be installed via CAMLOCs. Ride height is 6 cm, with a maximum damper travel of 1.5 cm. It will be hard but fast.

Here a Z Tune carbon fibre hood for my GTR32. I did it myself and with top only the hood weights 1780g. In order to have enough stiffness I used additional layers, then 2800g. Top and bottom glued together makes a super stiff hood of 4500g and you can stand on it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I am open to ideas - naturally its relative to cost and subject to seeing some of your finished work

JAY pm me about this please

I will put some calculations together.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts