GTR Forum banner

What would you do?

• wait for the diff and prop to be finished?

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Buy a used diff and prop, sell the car cheaper, let the new owned deal with the stress?

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I broke my supra at USC 2005, After I had it trailed back it sat on the drive for a week then the diff and prop were removed, (I tore the prop from the diff, cracking the rear diff plate, destroying most of the rubber diff mounts, and putting some nice cuts in the chassi) The so called tuner took a deposit £350, diff and prop telling me to solid mount the prop and diff so machining would be needed.

Well, 8months on I am still car less, I despriatly need to sell the car as I'm already 1 week late at starting my Job in Japan. I have been fed so much bull$*^t Im growing hornes, sprouting hairs and eating grass.

I won't even begin to tell you how much money this has cost me :mad: Ive now paid alot more than the deposit!
Not to mention seem welding costs, a new rear diff plate from toyota, new handbrake cables etc

These are my 2 non violent options at the moment,

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
"Buy a used diff and prop, sell the car cheaper, let the new owned deal with the stress?"

What I mean is its an ATS diff and one off rear prop, the new owner would have to chase the tuner/engineer/gearcutter to get the diff back finished, then swop it for the stock one I would put on the car.

·
Hawaii-5-0
1,817 Posts
3) Open a big can of whupass on the tuner for taking 8 months to fix your car

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will name and shame once the work has been finished, need to make sure I get the work completed, or the new owner gets the work completed

*If mods will allow name and shaming?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts