GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
December 2013

I purchased my DMG Nissan GTR from Litchfield in December. It was a one owner car and had reams of reciepts for servicing at HPC and then Litchfield.

I was looking for a GTR for a couple of months and when this one came up it wa the perfect car. The earliest I could get up to Licthfield was the following Sunday and Iain kindly offered to come in out of hours to show me the car. The deal was done and I arranged to collect the car the following weekend after it had been serviced.

Previously to the GTR I had a Focus ST MR290 and a 2.0 Zetec Westfield on Weber Alpha Throttle bodies circa 185hp. I ended up selling both to put the funds towards the GTR.

The car already had Stage 2 conversion and Alcon discs.

Here is how it looked the day i collected it :

I drove the car for a couple of months to get used to the power and then started to add some mods of my own.

The LED Needle on the Fuel guage Started to go dim and thanks to this forum i found out that Nissan extended the warranty to 5yrs on the Dash. I booked it in with Ancaster in Bromley to get changed. They were brilliant and changed it while i waited. They also did the Steering lock Recall while it was in.

March 2014

Litchfield Stage 4 Conversion with Pop and Bang map on 95 setting
Miltek Cast Downpipes (heat wrapped)
Cosworth Brake Pads
Autotorque Steering wheel Retrim in Alcantara and red stiching
4 Light Conversion
LED Number Plate Light
Carbon Wrapped front Splitter
Sound Deadened Boot and Under rear seats
Michelin Pilot Sport Tyres All round
Retro Fitted Reversing Camera and Parking Sensors
Ipod Cable

The Car sounds Unbelivable now, I cannot believe the difference the downpipes made to the exhaust note.

April 2014

Wheels Refurbished in Gloss Black
D1 Locking Wheel nuts in Gold (match Brembo calipers)
Forge Recirc Valves

My factory headunit turned itself off a couple of times so i contacted Ancaster Nissan Bromley who confirmed that mine is covered by the extended warranty on Audio. Im booked in for 9th May to get it replaced and i get a courtesy Nismo juke. I cant recommend Ancaster Bromley enough they have been brilliant. Glynn Hopkin Romford were terrible compared!

Will keep the updates coming as and when i do more mods

Neil
Greenlight

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Looks great buddy and nice set of mods.

Did you see it on their stocklist? I am on the lookout and I keep checking their website but it never seems to get updated. Or did you ring on the offchance and they let you view it?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great buddy and nice set of mods.

Did you see it on their stocklist? I am on the lookout and I keep checking their website but it never seems to get updated. Or did you ring on the offchance and they let you view it?
Yes it was on their stocklist but didnt have any pictures. So i called Iain and he told me all about the car over the phone.

I like the peace of mind that Iain and the Litchfield Team have checked the car over and maintained it for the last few years. Also got 12 month Litchfield Warranty for extra protection. The whole sales experience was easy with them, hence why i went back to them for Stage 4 and my other mods.

I had a bit of an unsmooth spot in the stage 4 software after it was done so iain posted me a Ecutek Cable on loan. I did some logs sent them over by email and they emailed me a revised map. Its Perfect now. I need to do one final log and then post the cable back.

Also going back up to Litchfield for a service/MOT next month.

I was thinking about having the gearbox solenoids cleaned and Dodson magnet fitted at the same time. I just want to look after her now :bowdown1:

The car is set up perfectly for me and its just a pleasure to drive.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
I don't live far from Litchfields (20 minutes) and I would love to buy from them - but they don't seem to have many cars coming through and when people say they have bought from Litchfields often the car never even appeared on the website.

I would like to replicate your situation to be honest. Lovely car, built good history with the Litchfield team. Seems like perfectly reasonable value for money. What's not to like?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't live far from Litchfields (20 minutes) and I would love to buy from them - but they don't seem to have many cars coming through and when people say they have bought from Litchfields often the car never even appeared on the website.

I would like to replicate your situation to be honest. Lovely car, built good history with the Litchfield team. Seems like perfectly reasonable value for money. What's not to like?
You could leave your contact details with Iain along with your ideal specification. He could then keep his eye out for anyone that comes in and mention they are looking to sell.

Im hoping to get an MY11 in March Next year so if you are still in the market you could always buy mine :cool:

·
Registered
330 Posts

When I was looking I contacted them and they had a number of cars that were not on their website. Certainly worth registering your details with them as previously mentioned.

·
Registered
164 Posts
HI
I have had my down pipes changed and full system GTC titan exhaust. The car sounds amazing when giving it beans, but the Drone at 70-80 is getting too much im looking at Sound Deadened Boot and Under rear seats. did you do it your self or get it done some were. Could you give a rough cost.
Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Paul

Sly @ Kaizer did it for me when he fitted the rear view camera. It has made a good difference to sound in the cabin as the gearbox noises are less prominent in the car.

I have Downpipes and Full milltek exhaust....Mine does drone a bit at motorway speeds but its not that bad.

The sound outside on full throttle is Incredible.

Going to get Litchfield to check my exhaust as it sounds a bit blowy at lower RPMs which could be causing the drone.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
23/05/2014

My Car went in for its Service at Litchfield Yesterday. While it was in having the service they fitted my Forge Recirc Valves, Optima Yellowtop Battery and did a gearbox oil change (even though it wasnt due for a while i got it done)

While the gearbox oil was out i had them clean the sump pan & solenoids, fit the G6 solenoid retaining clips and dodsons magnets. They did a clutch relearn and adjusted the touchpoints.

The Car is incredible now. The gearbox is SOOOO SMOOTH its unbelivebale. It shifts so quickly and cleanly now well worth having it done.

Not sure if its the service,the Forge Valves or the gearbox changes but the car spools up boost a lot quicker and seems to hold it longer. Dont get me wrong it was good before but It is like driving a different car :)

Another Top Job by the Litchfield Team.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
12/08/2014

Gave the car a full detail at the weekend. Added LED interior Bulbs from knightracer

Decided to get some HSD Monopro coilovers and a Complete Whiteline Roll bar kit with drop links.

Also a SRD Uprated Intercooler kit

Bought myself an Ecutek Cable from Litchfield as well.

Got a better shot of the Gold D1 Nuts to match the Caliper colour. The light on the picture shows the nuts lighter than they are.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts