GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’ve been searching around trying to find the best deal on an apexi power fc and hand commander for my GTR 32 The cheapest place I found is nengun performance, they seem to be a reputable company, jus wondering if any one has had any experience with them, good or bad?
Thanx

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I used them about a month ago for some Greddy extension downpipe jobbies ,
i had them the following week :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
out of curiosity, how much roughly did people pay for import duty etc from nengun as i too was after pfc and splitfires just put off by the thought of big charges to get the stuff.

·
Administrator
31,760 Posts
if you get caught you'll pay upto 40% of the total value in VAT and customs charges.

you pays yer money, you takes yer chance

mook

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
nengun is brilliant but sometimes can take 6 weeks to get parts. If your in a rush its a big risk! Drag and drfiton here has beaten a few prices of bits i wanted and he will be getting my next few orders!

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
I just received a bunch of stuff from Nengun, delivered on the day they said it would be delivered, no complaints from me, email updates when the status of the order changed and full tracking details. Did not have to pay anything on top either when it arrived in the UK :)

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
if you get caught you'll pay upto 40% of the total value in VAT and customs charges.

you pays yer money, you takes yer chance

mook
rubbish!

duty is variable depending on the parts but VAT is payable on the cost of the item, shipping and duty.

for example engine parts attract a duty rate of 2%

so if a set of pistons cost £50 and the shipping is £50 the the total payable would be £100 + 2% + 17.5% VAT.

Simon

·
Administrator
31,760 Posts
my brother paid nearly £50 in charges for an external wastegate

i paid over £30 for an item with a value of £120

maybe 40% is an exageration, but you must factor in those costs, including a holding charge from the courier that pays the customs charges on your behalf

mook

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Yup, another thumbs up for Nengun from me!!

TT

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
I know for a fact that 'engine parts' attract a 2% duty rate other parts I needed were up to 10% maximum, plus VAT.

Parcel force do add an additional charge for 'processing' of around £12 I think - which is a crock.

As with anything really choose your supplier carefully and do your research some stuff the saving is just not worth it, N1 water pumps are a good example not to bother with, but Tomei pon cams for the GTSt are - even with duty and VAT.

Simon

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I've ordered at least $5000 in parts from Nengun in the past three months and I'm about to place another order. For some odd reason, whenever I order from the States, my stuff gets caught in customs, but Nengun's stuff always sails right through - haven't paid a dime (Korean duty is 20%).

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Can't praise Nengun enough.

I have ordered at least £5K worth of parts from them (I don't really want to tot up the real value, I might be in for a shock!!), and it all arrives pretty much when they say it will. Predicted dates and tracking numbers given on oreder confirmation (although the EMS tracking service is not that great).

Occasionally, you will have to wait some time before the parts arrive. My guess is that Nengun don't stock much if anything, so normal lead times from the manufacturers apply.

Use them with confidence, you won't be sorry.
I now have my eye on a Tomei crank, £2k delivered,:thumbsup:

·
Registered
456 Posts
I used nengun several times.
They're pretty slow sometimes.
Average order time is about 4 weeks for me before the part is @ your door.

E-mailed them a question once and the reply came about 5 month later :chuckle:

However, once I e-mailed them about a stray tracking number. Got a very fast reply then, so I think that some types of e-mails have priority.

Very good prices. But not a really good option if you're in a hurry.

I would recommend them though.
Most stuff work out cheaper even if you're hit with VAT.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just got a order home from Rick at DragandDrift.
Really happy and satisfied with all the help I got from him when I was looking for the part's sent him and e-mail and got one back a couple of hour's later with all the price info I needed.

So can really really recomend DragandDrift when it come's to ordering part's from Japan.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Nengun is really my go-to supplier whenever I need anything. But who's around that can take an order and have it at your doorstep within a week? Even being more expensive, there are times when wicked fast is good.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Nengun is really my go-to supplier whenever I need anything. But who's around that can take an order and have it at your doorstep within a week? Even being more expensive, there are times when wicked fast is good.
PerfectRun -Japanese performance car parts online store- is faster.
some stuff are actually cheaper compared to nengun, but most stuff works out a little more expensive.

You can however e-mail perfectrun and get a reply within reasonable time :)
They also source Nissan OEM parts if you supply the part number.

I've got parts 5 days after payment. I know of some UK guys who managed 3-4 days :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts