GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My standard Nissan battery was struggling to hold a charge for more than a few days, now that the weather temperatures have dropped and had reached the end of its useful life. I read all of the posts on this forum concerning suitable replacements, especially the fitting instructions (superbly helpful) and nearly bought the popular optima yellow top.

However, I thought I'd share with folks the battery from Halfrauds I've fitted, which given its specification, warranty, availability and price, I'm hoping turns out to be a good purchase. I fitted it in less than ten minutes without any dash warning codes cropping up :clap: I'm also happy, that if I have any issues, I'm never going to be far from a halfords to get it replaced.

If anyone is thinking of getting a battery for their own GTR, this is the spec (taken from Halfords website) that I purchased which fits perfectly.

YUASA SILVER CAR BATTERY HSB053

The Yuasa Silver Car Battery HSB053 range of car batteries are supplied with a 5 year guarantee.

Yuasa Silver car batteries allow around 50,000 engine starts, compared to around 20,000 on a normal battery. Silver car batteries come fully charged, ready to fit and are completely maintenance free.

This battery is ideal for drivers using one or more plug in devices, such as phones, cool boxes, DVD players, and Sat Navs. For drivers using air conditioning Silver batteries are more suitable. Thanks to their increased starting capacity (CCA), these batteries are best for cold mornings.

YUASA SILVER CAR BATTERY HSB053

Starting Power (CCA): 430amps
AH Value: 48aH
Weight: 12.1kg
Dimensions (LxDxH): 238 x 129 x 227mm
Guarantee: 5 years

·
Premium Member
8,832 Posts
How much was it ?
Again???

I have 2 GTR's both with the usual Trackers and alarm system fitted and have changed my batteries out recently.

I think even though manufactures claim all the "facts" & figures, they are not tested in a real life situation (as are cars when obtaining a fantastic mpg figure etc)

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I've just got an optima yellow top. Arrived at work today.

Will get it fitted at the weekend as my car has been sat on my drive dead for a week now :(

·
Registered
171 Posts
Incidentally, a quick google shows that Yuasa coming up cheaper online than from Halfords. Might look at one - mine spends a week or so sometimes between journeys now and it's certainly cranking less vigorously than it used to...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts