GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the turbosmart bovs off litchfields on Friday and fitted them, trumpets off so in recirc mode. Now, the oem bovs were fitted with some dodgy piping, small pipe into fatter pipe and not clamped at the engine end.
I've never thought the car lacked power or anything but I'll swear since fitting these new bovs and using the clamps and piping supplied the car is shifting quicker and harder through the gears.
2nd and 3rd is ridiculously mir mental
Now I know also the temp has dropped but is it really possible or am I away in the head

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
These are the ones you want
I find myself coming off the throttle just before up shifting just to get the whoooshhh ???
You can adjust these to all recycling or to atmosphere, or anything in between. Regarding mapping it depends on the map you have in your car if it allows for atmospheric or not, though I was told if I had them just half open should be fine on your gtr. I’ve got mine all open to atmosphere and no problems what so ever??

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do these require a remap? Sound decent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When I first put them on and opened them up to vent the car didnt like it so fir a while they were closed, which was useless as I wanted the whoosh. The car has since had speed density sensors put in and the bovs are fully open . They aren't as loud as I'd probably want but def loud enough for people to turn heads lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts