GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some research Im going to try out the Performance Friction rotors with their .01 pads all round as I've heard good things about them.

The best quote I've had is £2910 for all rotors and pads Inc delivery. RRP is £3,134.29 so a saving of £224.

Anybody out there who can beat that?

Do any traders on here supply them and feel they can beat that price?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have the Peformance Friction race spec pads on the front with Alcon discs. Dust is the only real issue, really sticks to the front wheels compared to the stock pads.

(fronts only) Supplied and fitted at Litchfield as per the below:

The Alcon brake discs are £485+vat each and the pads are £220 for the front set. We will charge 1hr labour which is £47.50+vat so the total price will be £1,423.13 Inc. VAT

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
how bad are your disks?

try pads first, I doubt the disks make that much difference

the carbotech pads made a big difference on stock disks

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Discs have 9k, 3 track days and some hard driving.

I was just gonna update my whole setup as I'm looking for lots more track days this year.

I'll probably get the PF set and then just use them once my OEMs are ruined.

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
disks are a wear item if there is no major cracks or lips only change them when you need to

Ben L did the same as me use them to death first, the pads are going to make more differance

·
Registered
110 Posts
After some research Im going to try out the Performance Friction rotors with their .01 pads all round as I've heard good things about them.

The best quote I've had is £2910 for all rotors and pads Inc delivery. RRP is £3,134.29 so a saving of £224.

Anybody out there who can beat that?

Do any traders on here supply them and feel they can beat that price?

How soon are you looking to change as I may be able to help with the PF prices?

David.

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm ready anytime so PM me if you can beat that quote.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
198 Posts
disks are a wear item if there is no major cracks or lips only change them when you need to

Ben L did the same as me use them to death first, the pads are going to make more differance
Thanks robbie J you just delayed me spending a few tho, Till the death we march.

Any comments on the best pads.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks robbie J you just delayed me spending a few tho, Till the death we march.

Any comments on the best pads.
I think Charles has it spot on with the PF01's, whether for a heavy car like GTR's or Audi RS's, or for Porsches (the GT3 Cup guys use them with Brembo rotors), I've only found them to be superb, road or track:thumbsup:

Never experienced PF pads and rotors, but I would expect that to be uber superb:D

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,037 Posts
PF pads and discs are carbon metallic and quite hard compared to normal discs\pads. They need matching to the discs for best effect. Using pads only will eat normal discs and you'll get much more dust - as described.

I have both - on a 33 GT-R - and they are
uber superb
. lol

Charles. PF sell direct, but I got mine from Abbey.

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks as ever to all you good guys on this forum!

I've obtained the full PF hit, rotors and .01 pads but my current rotors have around 4-5k left on them so I've ordered some EBC yellowstuff pads too.

I'll have a go at fitting these myself soonish and see how they run.

Then we can have some PF uber fun!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts