GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Chaps

So after spending some time considering a new motor and not finding anything that I like within the budget I've decided to stick with the old GTR and considering a build.

Its currently Stage 4 and very happy. I'm using Cobb at the moment mapped by [email protected] on the map sensor, DP, Forge IT, ID injectors, Full Miltek, upgrade Fuel pump. Now I'm thinking about Rod and piston upgrade obviously balanced etc and strong enough to take 800-900. Looking at the hybrids turbos with all fitting remaining the same and a intercooler upgrade probably something similar to the SRD one.

Now I'm not after crazy power but I hoping 700/720hp.

Ok so the questions are:-

Gearbox - what would be advised? 1st gear, clutch basket, clutch? clips? magnets? cooler?

ECU - I'm happy with Cobb but looking at the new ECUTEK is it me or does it now have a significant number of features that would make it a better ROM over the Cobb? Does anyone have a definitive list for both systems? To me it would seem as if the Cobb is a little light on features compared to ECUTEK?

Any advice/ideas would be good :)

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
If you're going for gearbox mods, I'd suggest the gear treatments rather than the fully built boxes.

If you're hoping for 720, I'd just get on the phone to Litchfield for a set of their Stage 5 turbos and have it in for an SRD FMIC, Litcho 102mm exhaust and the EcuTek Phase 4 remaps. Then get the Litcho warranty.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
700bhp, you could get away with stock engine quite happily, so long as you limit the torque.

Definitely switch from the cobb. You get the toys and the additional safety features which you'll want.

I'd recommend my turbos. Completely stock response but can go up to 800bhp if you want on a forged engine, but will give you anything up to that without compromising response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts