GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every not been here for a while, but now got another skyline, thought i would give the R32 gt-r a go.

basicaly i picked it up last night, and when i drove home i gave it a little blast and it seemed too pull ok, but when i got home before switching it off i checked the peak values on the power fc too find the knock reading was 90!!

then a bit later on i started the car and it run for a few seconds and died then did it again, but 3ed time it started fine.

im told it was mapped by sweany rob at perfect touch made 450bhp on 99 ron fuel with graph too prove but now run on 97 ron. this was some time ago now and wounder if the fuel pump or some think has become weak and causeing it too det?

any help or advice will be very much appricated.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
if its mapped on 99 ron and your using 97 then you could be getting the high knock due to this run it on 99 and see what happens if you havnt already damaged your engine! knock should never be over 50% as a rule

·
Registered
241 Posts
His nickname is tweenierob. If you find trracing.co.uk
his telephone number is there. Rob is a very helpful
man, I'm sure he can sort your problem.

·
Registered
60 Posts
You can get weird peaks from the starter engaging on the ringgear, I almost always get 96 on starting but then reset the peak hold and the highest I've ever seen is 40.

Worth a try.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill try the reset after starting and stick some 99ron in the and see what happens
ill keep you posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts