GTR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

Registered
Awesome times there put down.
I dont know if you guys are familiar with Llf on youtube with Ricky whos a documenting a 1600/1700 build at JM imports with Jurgen ? Very humble guy and owns a 2000hp Gtr and a 1100 hp lambo. Should be interesting following this.

Registered
Your spot on mate I need it on R R OFF

I had all 3 on normal FFS 馃槀馃ぃ lol

It went out of my head I was thinking tc should be in normal but it's off
Silly boy

Registered
Awesome times there put down.
I dont know if you guys are familiar with Llf on youtube with Ricky whos a documenting a 1600/1700 build at JM imports with Jurgen ? Very humble guy and owns a 2000hp Gtr and a 1100 hp lambo. Should be interesting following this.
Ill have money that never makes 1700hp on a hub dyno :censored:

Registered
Discussion Starter #85
Ill have money that never makes 1700hp on a hub dyno :censored:
That depends what loss from hub to crank is 馃馃馃馃
I used to work on 15hp per hub for my gtr making it 960 crank hp

Registered
That depends what loss from hub to crank is 馃馃馃馃
I used to work on 15hp per hub for my gtr making it 960 crank hp
Nothing to do with hub losses, a chassis dyno cannot input enough load to replicate the road and wind resistance, a little pull under low load may well give a hand tuning but hp is never gonna ring true, thats why the big tuners in the USA all run big Mainline hub dynos that will do a proper sweep at real world loads, be interesting to get some figures of a car from a chassis dyno of say 1200 and run it on the mainline

Registered
Discussion Starter #87
Nothing to do with hub losses, a chassis dyno cannot input enough load to replicate the road and wind resistance, a little pull under low load may well give a hand tuning but hp is never gonna ring true, thats why the big tuners in the USA all run big Mainline hub dynos that will do a proper sweep at real world loads, be interesting to get some figures of a car from a chassis dyno of say 1200 and run it on the mainline
I know a dynapack can run whatever ramp time the users wants and can make as much load as the user requires

I do have comparison plots for my cosworth on superflow engine dyno then onto a dyno dynamics dyno

Registered
I know a dynapack can run whatever ramp time the users wants and can make as much load as the user requires

I do have comparison plots for my cosworth on superflow engine dyno then onto a dyno dynamics dyno
Lol mainline you could run a 2500hp car full boost through all the gears. Dynapack would fall apart

Registered
Discussion Starter #89
Lol mainline you could run a 2500hp car full boost through all the gears. Dynapack would fall apart
I understand what your saying about mainline dynos but that doesn't mean that's the only dyno that can be used

Norris designs engine dyno

Exact same tune on motorworx dyno dynamics dyno

It appears alot more responsive on the engine dyno but that's only because it's under huge load which it won't actually see in the real world anyway
And that's the point for me as long as it's tuned at loads it will see then that's all that is required

These plots are for my cosworth when owned by rod tarry which previously ran on fifth gear and did 206 mph at brunters

Also my other gtr ran 810whp rwd dynapack, and 840 crank on dyno dynamics which is where my 15hp loss per hub rule comes from

Registered
where should i start? dynapack max 1600hp, 160 mph, mainline 3500hp 5000ftlbs, 300mph. Eddy retrader not fluid based.

Registered

Registered
I doubt i could run my car in 3rd gear on a dynapack :sneaky:

Registered
Discussion Starter #94
I don't know hp limit of dynapack ive seen 928 whp but some of the JM imports cars are putting in some serious times and there tuned on a dynojet, dynojets rated at 2000+ hp and 200 mph

So dynojet another option for big power cars although I believe ramp time can't be altered, but it still comes back to as long as real world load is made then that's all that is required imo

I understand were your coming from though with something like your car at 2500 hp or whatever it's going to be that is a whole new ballgame but it's not one that very many people will require 馃榿馃挭馃憣馃憣

Registered
I don't know hp limit of dynapack ive seen 928 whp but some of the JM imports cars are putting in some serious times and there tuned on a dynojet, dynojets rated at 2000+ hp and 200 mph

So dynojet another option for big power cars although I believe ramp time can't be altered, but it still comes back to as long as real world load is made then that's all that is required imo

I understand were your coming from though with something like your car at 2500 hp or whatever it's going to be that is a whole new ballgame but it's not one that very many people will require 馃榿馃挭馃憣馃憣
Chassis dyno cannot hold even 1500hp under correct load :unsure:

Registered
Oppps dynapack dont like GTR's thats only 750 ftlbs on supposed uprated packs :rolleyes:

Attachments

Registered
thats 4000nm on biggest dynapack! mainline biggest is 18,000nm , problem id dynapack has fluid retarders and a decent gtr will just boil them basically useless :ROFLMAO:

Registered
Discussion Starter #98
So basically for much above 1500 hp mainline dyno is only option

Out of interest who has a mainline in the UK ?

Registered
So basically for much above 1500 hp mainline dyno is only option

Out of interest who has a mainline in the UK ?
Romain and ACS both have mainline hub dynos, ACS has a slightly larger one that takes up to 3500hp, their Dyno Cell is just being built, Temperature controlled as well as pressure and humidity controlled, means we can do a full v max run, or half mile.

Registered
Discussion Starter #100
Romain and ACS both have mainline hub dynos, ACS has a slightly larger one that takes up to 3500hp, their Dyno Cell is just being built, Temperature controlled as well as pressure and humidity controlled, means we can do a full v max run, or half mile.
Romain as in racecal ?

81 - 100 of 123 Posts