GTR Forum banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
This what happens when you try to apply load to a big power gtr, now if it was on a 4wd dyno only a small % of the power gets transfered to the front and it will do the same but kill the ETS

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Tuner of some of the most powerful GTR's on the planet.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Im not sure what can have moved on to stop a high hp gtr wheelspinning on a dyno roller :unsure: maybe there are special dyno tyres weve not heard about:ROFLMAO: but heres a pic from June 2020;)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Im not sure what can have moved on to stop a high hp gtr wheelspinning on a dyno roller :unsure: maybe there are special dyno tyres weve not heard about:ROFLMAO: but heres a pic from June 2020;)
I've only got a lowly 1326 whp so I don't need to worry about such things 🤣😂 lol

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I've only got a lowly 1326 whp so I don't need to worry about such things 🤣😂 lol
Have you? Be interesting to see what figures it gets on a mainline! Could be some upset people after running on those.
Basically you hear HP figures bandied around willy nilly but most of the cars dont run a terminal speed equivalent to their quoted HP.
Dyno facts.
If customer doesnt like the dyno figure the dyno is wrong
It made more power on my tuners dyno your dyno is wrong
If the figure is way higher than expected or realistic, 'can I get a print of that'?
Is that WHP? Yes! Whats FWP? Who cares? Can I have print of FWP? Why its a calculation! Well it looks bigger!!! Ok sir :censored: :unsure:

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #110 (Edited)
Have you? Be interesting to see what figures it gets on a mainline! Could be some upset people after running on those.
Basically you hear HP figures bandied around willy nilly but most of the cars dont run a terminal speed equivalent to their quoted HP.
Dyno facts.
If customer doesnt like the dyno figure the dyno is wrong
It made more power on my tuners dyno your dyno is wrong
If the figure is way higher than expected or realistic, 'can I get a print of that'?
Is that WHP? Yes! Whats FWP? Who cares? Can I have print of FWP? Why its a calculation! Well it looks bigger!!! Ok sir :censored: :unsure:

Lol I'm pretty jurgens figures aren't pies in the sky given what his builds are running at the pod, terminal speeds don't lie

My green gtr has only run a 9.7 iirc but it pulled 161 mph on the gt35s which proves it was making some serious power as these gtrs are no lightweights it just wasn't launching well at all for some reason

For me 1/4 mile trap speed is the best measure of power to quantify a dyno run of any dyno brand
So far on a very soft run I've pulled 144 mph and coasted over the line at 139 mph, and the 0-100 mph time was over 8 seconds just to give an idea of how soft the pull was

Engine dynos measure engine power and to then run on a chassis dyno and see lower projected crank figures than the engine dyno proves motorworx dd dyno is in the real world as an example of data I have that I know is correct

This plot rips shared years ago is a good guide imo and has correlated well with various cars of mine over the years

Just gotta find it and IL add it here

Attachments

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
No one said they are pie in the sky in fact a dyno figure is meaningless apaprt from showing if a mod has improved or hurt power and of course tuning safely> If your going on terminals I ran 153 in a gtr in its slow slow map Id say 900whp-1000. The fact is chassis dynos will not hold a big power car IF THE CORRECT LOAD is applied to the rollers so not ideal for tuning or replicating power figures as its hard to get the same run twice if the wheels are randomly spinning.
Jurgens dyno is spot on with figures from SRD dyno. The whole argument is pointless because the ONLY important thing is times the car runs, I really really didnt want to publish any HP figures for my car BUT unfortunately being contracted to MAD they will publish figures for their manifold on my car so they will be viewable on their site when we dyno it. My spec for car would list HP.......Adequate! FYI as far as the yanks are concerned a 1400whp full weight car on slicks goes 7's @ 180plus.
Car below is full weight on 17" slicks it ran [email protected] 175 power figures in pic are Mustang dyno! so according to that 1160whp goes 175mph :unsure:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
No one said they are pie in the sky in fact a dyno figure is meaningless apaprt from showing if a mod has improved or hurt power and of course tuning safely> If your going on terminals I ran 153 in a gtr in its slow slow map Id say 900whp-1000. The fact is chassis dynos will not hold a big power car IF THE CORRECT LOAD is applied to the rollers so not ideal for tuning or replicating power figures as its hard to get the same run twice if the wheels are randomly spinning.
Jurgens dyno is spot on with figures from SRD dyno. The whole argument is pointless because the ONLY important thing is times the car runs, I really really didnt want to publish any HP figures for my car BUT unfortunately being contracted to MAD they will publish figures for their manifold on my car so they will be viewable on their site when we dyno it. My spec for car would list HP.......Adequate! FYI as far as the yanks are concerned a 1400whp full weight car on slicks goes 7's @ 180plus.
Car below is full weight on 17" slicks it ran [email protected] 175 power figures in pic are Mustang dyno! so according to that 1160whp goes 175mph :unsure:

It's not an argument you have your opinion and I have mine

If the engine In that car was put on an engine dyno i believe it will be making alot more than 1160 hp that it shows at the wheels on a Mustang

Of coarse power is being measured at the wheels, but the wheels don't make the power the engine does

Laferrari pulls 149 mph in the 1/4 with 963 hp 1585 kg which correlates well and I'm pretty sure Ferrari will have a good idea what there 1.15 million pound hypercar is making at the crank

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Maybe whack it on a DD see what that says, at the end of the day a hp figure is irrelevant if the car does not run the numbers ;)

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Maybe whack it on a DD see what that says, at the end of the day a hp figure is irrelevant if the car does not run the numbers ;)

If you mean run my green gtr on a dd I don't need to as I've no reason yet to believe it's not making the quoted power
You don't do one single pull not at max power and then assess a cars not making the power 🙄

Once I do a full pull full revs TC off I'm expecting around 3.8 100-200 on pump and low 3s or high 2s 100-200 on ethanol

I know my 4.2 is off the mark, but pulling identical 100-200 to my 928 whp gtr but then pulling 100-140 mph 0.7 seconds faster indicates I didn't have full power below 100 mph, I'm assuming TC was pulling power and also the lower rev limit will have less effect once into higher gears I believe

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #115 (Edited)
Got pull in 100-200 kph 4.1 seconds is all she has to give which is better but still off the mark and I believe I now know why

Boost limiting in lower gears, so getting geared up now with a laptop to get the boost by gear altered, was set up in the cold weather so needs altering as not having any traction issues at all

Hopefully be in the 3s once it's making full boost in 2nd and 3rd gear

Reactions: archan

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #116 (Edited)
Still waiting to get boost by gear altered but have run 100-150 mph in 4.5 seconds 1080 whp
So 62-124 mph in 4.1 seconds is clearly alot slower than what the motor is capable of

Reactions: SKNAM

·
Following EJH#25
6,841 Posts
You don't do one single pull not at max power and then assess a cars not making the power 🙄
Blimey, sounds a lot like the conversations I used to have where everyone dismissed a power 'claim' because it didn't do x, y or z on the first run. Like you rock up to the track and go full beans without learning how to set the car up or get used to it's characteristics. Your approach seems very methodical to me and you'll end up with the desired results.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Blimey, sounds a lot like the conversations I used to have where everyone dismissed a power 'claim' because it didn't do x, y or z on the first run. Like you rock up to the track and go full beans without learning how to set the car up or get used to it's characteristics. Your approach seems very methodical to me and you'll end up with the desired results.
Cheers Matt I'm glad someone else gets it, literally bought the car fresh off its build just mapped on dyno then on road in march when weather wasn't really suitable still

I knew something was off when I first got in it as it didn't wow me til into third gear, can feel it take off at about 90 mph, if she will take it 2 bar boost in second gear will finish it of nicely and really wake it up, if it wheel spins will have it set to what grip will allow then look at softening suspension to get some more squat and weight transfer to the rear

All good fun, real excited to get my cosworth home it's only 760 hp but rwd, no driver aids and only about 1300 kg should be great tyre smoking fun 👍

Reactions: matt j

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Get some pics of your Cozzy up, it’s one of my favourite cars.
2150cc stroked yb, has done 206 mph on fifth gear TV program few years ago with rod tarry

Efr9180 turbo, jenvey multi throttle intake, tremec box, 10.5" Jag diff

And a couple of videos of the car with the previous owner rod tarry

Car is still at tuners having final touches done before I pick it up

101 - 120 of 123 Posts