GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 8 years of owning GTR's i decided to get something different. Sold the R34 and bought this. An Evo 8 MR. Subtle mods running 400/400 map. Something i can take out and enjoy more without worrying about something happening to it!. First major change will be the red wheels. Gonna get them powder coated dark bronze.
20200630_183031.jpg
20200630_183004.jpg
20200630_141231.jpg
20200630_182903.jpg
20200630_133245.jpg
20200630_133325.jpg

·
Registered
509 Posts
I do like a grey MR but what were they thinking with the wheels! They look a bit wide for the car too.

Be a good idea to get underneath regularly with some ACF50 too as Evo’s like the tin worm!

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do like a grey MR but what were they thinking with the wheels! They look a bit wide for the car too.

Be a good idea to get underneath regularly with some ACF50 too as Evo’s like the tin worm!
It had front wing spacers to push the wings out but i hated the big gap at the door!

·
Registered
25,437 Posts
have you had that car on the ramp? its not a dig, but the front crash bar looks very rusty

evos are very very prone to rust

?

MRs are great cars (as all evos are tbh)

more concerned than anything else, its not a dig

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeh car is fine been looked after. Not bad gonna get it all done again underneath at some point. It is a 16 years in the UK car.
2835a4d2daf348f2deed63704acb86e0.jpg

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sure, enjoy your new purchase.
Yeh the crash bar is annoying me ill get bodyshop to do it when they paint the front bumper. I dont mind the wheels its just the colour! Ill get them painted first see how they look. Its hard getting nice wheels 18" for evos that look good cos u cant really run a low offset cos they poke out too much.

·
Registered
25,437 Posts
If the front crash bar is rusty, there will be loads more you cant see

just buy some volks

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the front crash bar is rusty, there will be loads more you cant see

just buy some volks
Yeh prob somewhere. I dint buy it for to be a mint Investment though. Bought it so i can go out drive it and not worry about it like i couldn't with thr R34. Gonna drive this more daily.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn didn't even know you had your 34 for sale. What made you sell?
Just felt like a good time to sell. As i dont have a company car anymore and if the wife is out in her car meant i had to use the skyline. Plus i like tinkering with cars and doing things and just felt that i couldn't do that with the R34 without devaluing it or spending a fortune on it. It was for sale on here but lasted about an hour and the buyer wanted me to delete the thread.

·
Registered
25,437 Posts
Totally get it for the evo

they are a great car

the 34 was easily a £90k car

assume the buyer will resell it and therefore didn’t want the original for sale ad being about

enjoy your new toy

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Totally get it for the evo

they are a great car

the 34 was easily a £90k car

assume the buyer will resell it and therefore didn’t want the original for sale ad being about

enjoy your new toy
The 34 wasn't worth 90k i had it up for alot less than that. I seen its up for sale for 90k thou......

·
R35 Section manager
10,889 Posts
Well after 8 years of owning GTR's i decided to get something different. Sold the R34 and bought this. An Evo 8 MR. Subtle mods running 400/400 map. Something i can take out and enjoy more without worrying about something happening to it!. First major change will be the red wheels. Gonna get them powder coated dark bronze. View attachment 261959 View attachment 261960 View attachment 261961 View attachment 261962 View attachment 261963 View attachment 261964

Love the colour of it-I would probably go with black for the wheels though.
Never had an Evo but have had 3 Scobs-So much fun on the B roads

·
Registered
35 Posts
Don't know if it yours, it only a teasing photo on there Facebook, looks like it might be midnight purple. Think they are launching the competition tomorrow

·
Registered
25,437 Posts
you would have got alot more $ if you changed the wheels to volk etc

although TBH if you shipped it back to japan (kinda easy to do) would have been top $

i think the 34 prices and any JDM has gone nuts

just look at the DC2 price from last week, or the R33 v spec that went for over 5m yen

someone will make some % on it and thats not an issue, but you could have got alot more :)

evos are very cool

1 - 20 of 21 Posts