1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just reged up as I'm hoping to buy this car
http://www.magnummotor.co.uk

To me it looks like it's an R32, but from what I can gather they were EOL'd in 1993 & this is a 94.

I can't seem to find much info on the spec's of a SKYLINE GTS-T
does anyone have any info / advice on the car in question...

Hopefully this marks the beautiful begining or building up to a brand spanking new R34 GTS (when i win the lotto)

Thanks in advance all,

rgds

Phil :D

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Info..

try this .....
http://www.jbskyline.net/R33/Sedans/
You may want to take a look at the manual Durzel posted a link to (general chit chat....beginners R34 questions). The manual gives you advice on your first service e.g. resetting the ecu to make it learn the octane of the fuel you are using.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Info

Phil,

Yep ! that a R33 alright, try here skylinegts.co.uk for spec and the main site for parts and other info

Looks good with body kit and all, any idea if the car is modified ? looks lower than norm, hope the aircon works Black/dark cars get well toastie inside, in the sun :)

Umm !! 11K is a lot for a '94 GTS wants to be A1 and/or well modded for that, you can get a reasonable '90ish R32 GTR for that sort of money and the same insurance group :)

RonS

·
Registered
710 Posts
I agree .....

at £11k it is grossly overpriced. You shouldn't be paying more than £7-8K for a 93/94 GTS-T. If you're happy paying the asking price make sure you ask for the auction sheet also.

Talat.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Though there are a few mods by the looks of it 17" alloys, different exhaust, the kit, clear sides indis, it does look lowered, no comments on engine mods though which is a shame.

No Passenger Airbag I noticed although it has the flare!!! oooo!, do you know if it has vspec diff? silver grooved box on the back axle!

·
Premium Member
5,939 Posts
have you considered importing???

that's what we've just done '95 GTSt Type M (r33) on the road in the UK cost just £7300!! - that's with 30000kms and grade 5.

we brought it through www.bestjapancar.com and have an agent in leeds to do the SVA etc.

it's a wait but for the cash saved its worth it!

Simon

·
Premium Member
5,939 Posts
not sure what you mean??

No mine (hers ;)) only arrived in newcastle on tuesday.

Simon

·
Premium Member
5,939 Posts
It was that one on bestjapan! - Quick? Quick? QUICK????? it's been bloody ages!!!! at least 5 weeks or so.

it is actually still up on the site but does show as sold :D

the price is amazingly reasonable - I was just gutted we couldn't stretch to the GTR Vspec on there, however the plan is to keep the GTS for a year and then sell it to part fund a GTR :D:D

Simon

·
Premium Member
5,939 Posts
it came in on the global spirit and arrived on tuesday - we did drop lucky as just as we decided to buy it there was a boat in two days or so and Patrick was good enough to put it on the boat before he had actually received the funds!!

the only problem now is we have to wait until June 16 before it is SVA'd :(

Simon

PS I do intend to get to some meets!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A few replies

stormuk, couldn't tell you about the spec anymore the car won't be here for another 4 weeks...

Went into see magnum today and had a chat, very positive would take a £500 deposit to hold but I can get the lot back when I see the car if I'm not happy ;]
He couldn't tell me if the engine had been modded so I'm not sure, I would hope so though for 11K.

Magnum do have an extreemly good reputation for delivering the highest quailty cars though, word of mouth is hard to blag and I've seen thier car's around for many years.
I'm just a bit worried that the price is over the odd and the chances of finding something the same are remote (or bodykitting myself is too expensive) as this car is just what I want, some dodgy dark car from hell lurking in the shadows ;] !!!

Still thinking about it and taking a few Pulsar's out tommorow, but a £500 deposit and no tie in is almost too good to pass up...

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Looks like a boost controller or something from the the HKS catalogue sticking out the ash tray location on the interior photos, RB25DET engines don't like too much boost, should be below 12psi to be safe.

Nice looking car though, and I'd pay 11K for a minter considering some of the really dodgy 6k examples kicking around.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Type M

Sam that works at Gt-Art has a type M Skyline R32 GTS-T.It also has a body kit and looks very nice in black. He did tell me what the differences were between the type M and the rest but I forgot !:rolleyes:

It is a Ltd Edition apparantly and maybe that's why the price is higher !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts