GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.
I've just had a up close and personal encounter with a lampost and my old car, and i've decided that i would a skyline next.I quite like the R32 GTR's but i don't think i'll be able to get insured at my age.I was wondering if the GTS version, either R32 or R33 would be a good stepping stone.Are they any good and is there anything that i should look for especially when i look at one?I realise that this site is mainly for GTR's but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Stu.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Stuey,

Check out the Insurance section for a list of people who can quote you insurance. There are a few good deals at the moment but, if you're young and have no no-claims you are probably looking at £2k+

John

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Stu,

Check it out but I was told that many insurers don't differentiate between GTSs and GT-Rs so you may pay the same for insurance regardless....?

Peter.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Agreed GTR-GTS both classed as big profits :) sorry am I being sinical.

Try the online quotes - I think its Norwich Union online who give the different skylines so you can compare....

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hiya Stu

My insurance companu didn't seem to differentiate too much between GTR and GTS's.

However.......

This is VERY much a GTR AND GTS site - innit Cem, Glen and Guy?!:D

I have an R33 GTS non turbo, 4 door and I LOVE HER!!!:D

My husband (Draxx) has an R32 GTS4 (single turbo, 4WD, 4WS). It goes like you know what and it handles. Lots and lots cheaper than a GTR to buy and you may find an insurer who will make a distinction for cheaper insurance.

But, if it's a GTR you want - go for it! Do some research, look on the insurance thread, shop around, and don't give up! You'll love it once you've done it - whatever Skyline you buy!;)

Hope you're ok after your tree incident - you're not a friend of Luke's are you...............:D :p

Caroline

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanxs Caroline,
I've been looking at the GTS-4's they don't seem to bad. Its looking like i might be aiming for one of them. I take it that the GTS-4's have the same RB style of engine as the GTR's(Obviously a bit smaller)? How easy is it to tune up? And also how common are they, cos i don't see to many of them as the 'normal' GTS's.
Unfortunately(or fortunately!!) i don't know who luke is, and i tend not to race people unless i know i can trust them...Bad experience when i was young and foolish!:rolleyes:

Regards Stuart.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I am the greatest!!!

Oi! Wot you mean fortunatly you don't know me :p
I had an encounter with a tree too in my 32, thats why the cheeky gits brought me up

Luke

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Stuey...so sorry mate, we have totally hijacked your thread! good luck in finding your GTS4...not sure about their tunability..

Luke.....like to see how......scare me in your van? he he........

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I am tryin' to think of a witty comment about your speeding but my minds gone blank (one word i'll... do something!). Someone help me shut her up!
My sunny will be back on the road tomorrow and i'll be staying away from trees and head straight for you!!!!
Leave my van out of this... poor thing, it doesn't know any better:(

Luke

1 - 20 of 21 Posts