GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,i'm going to look at a car today everything seems to be checking out however the car has suppost to have done 38,000 miles but has had a new clutch this seems early for a clutch change to me what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Whar car is it?

On a skyline, a standard clutch would normally last 45-50 thousand miles. If someone rags it, or just isn't very good with the clutch, then it could go sooner.

what about the rest of the car?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
come on people i need some feed back plenty of viewing but no advice?come on, if i could be of help to you guys i'd post.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
My car has the original clutch and has done 93000 miles.

Have you done all the usual checks - pedal rubbers etc. - to see if that aligns with the supposed mileage?

John

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi all,did'nt mean to get heavy back there but needed some info asap,anyway everything seemed to check out so i bought the car, so it seems i'm gonna be owning my first skyline..... yippee!!!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Have just seen this, is the car standard? Might have had an uprated cluch fitted to habdle extra power maybe?

·
Following EJH#25
6,841 Posts
Clutch

I had a new clutch fitted at 18,000 miles, the original had slipped when new (couldn't hold full throttle in any gear, tried to claim from nissan under warranty but it is consumable.) I have heard of them going at less as well.
Matt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts