GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from amazing GTROC trip to Japan (I'm sure much more info will be posted soon) where I managed to get this wheel direct from Robson Leather. It was a sample that they had just finished, and as such it's the only one in the world!

As my new Norwegian friend Terje and I agreed, the quality will remain long after the price is forgotten!

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
yes but how much.....

I'm buying a flipping house so the carbon disease is on hold

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Many thanks.

OEM wheel, do you have one?

I guess you have a relationship with Robson jp? Rather than going direct I am happy to order through you if you would prefer.

Can you work a price with a wheel exchange (after supply of carbon one!) for me please.

Best wishes

Jon

·
Registered
26,890 Posts
Many thanks.

OEM wheel, do you have one?

I guess you have a relationship with Robson jp? Rather than going direct I am happy to order through you if you would prefer.

Can you work a price with a wheel exchange (after supply of carbon one!) for me please.

Best wishes

Jon
unless you speak japanese its difficult

no we dont have a stock wheel

il ask :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Here's the wheel on (thanks to Iain at Litchfields).

Very difficult to photograph carbon, particularly if you're not much of a photographer like me! That said, it looks and feels great.

I'm about to send my OEM wheel back to Robson, so HCC Motorsport you may get that one. As Matty says they normally want you to provide an original and they work on that. I guess the one I bought must be a Japanese markewheel as it's not round....?

Worth going through Matty as they speak little English at Robson Leather. That said, they are utterly charming people.

Here's another attempt, but it comes out too bright.....

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Can somebody please post the cost of this........

·
Super Moderator
16,115 Posts
Well my R34 one was north of £400 (with 20% discount on the day!) and this was quite a bit more, so that's the ball park.:p

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
The quality of Robson workmanship is second to none though.
Absolutely fantastic and a great group of guys :thumbsup:

My interior was done ages ago and still as good as new.
Can't go wrong with them really.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can somebody please post the cost of this........
I paid 95,000 yen (c£630?), which includes a 20% discount they gave both Toni and me on the day, and with the proviso that I send back my original wheel. Between our group we bought 3 wheels - Terje got one too!

If the Mine's exhaust is anything to go by, Matty seems to be able to get good prices too...

·
Registered
26,890 Posts
I paid 95,000 yen (c£630?), which includes a 20% discount they gave both Toni and me on the day, and with the proviso that I send back my original wheel. Between our group we bought 3 wheels - Terje got one too!

If the Mine's exhaust is anything to go by, Matty seems to be able to get good prices too...
been speaking with Robson so will let you know the deal i can do for you chaps

95,000 yen isnt £630 though, we have to take into account bank rate exchange rate not the "standard" one.

it also has to go on trust if we do any of this, as the stock wheels must be returned to Robson ASAP.

im gathering all the info and when i have it il post up a separate thread:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts