GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am new to the GTR community. I have waited over 2 years to get one and now i finally have my first GTR!!! Anyway, just a quick question; I need to get a new clutch for her. She holds all through the RPM's in all gears just fine. I just can barely get it into 1st. I have been looking at the Exedy NM032SD Twin Plate. DO any of you have any feedback on this clutch or suggestions as to what i should get? Domo Arigato!!

~Justin

·
Registered
72 Posts
I ordered a EXEDY Hiper Multi Twin for my car. I was also recommended EXEDY. My choices were between EXEDY and NISMO Super Coppermix. The other manufacturers were PUSH type where as the R33 GT-R was a PULL TYPE. The Nismo and EXEDY were both PULL TYPE.

The one I got in the end was NM042SD

Mine is on its way from Kuise, Japan.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Justin,

The Nismo STR twin plate is also worth a thought. They are lighter than the standard clutch.:D

Andy.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I'm running a Nismo Coppermix twin. Very drivable once you get used to it. Kinda funny to watch valet parking try to move my car though. Actually, it's not that funny. It holds though - drop the clutch at 6000rpm and it's not the clutch that slips at all (wheels, attesa, maybe other parts you don't want to slip/break, but definitely not the clutch!)

Don't have a Nismo slave cylinder - manly men drive without clutch boost :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the responses!! I think i am going to go woth the Exedy NM032SD. I have a 1991 R 32. Kind of old so my choices are limited. But i love her!! She is so fast and will only get faster!!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
i got the exedy organic clutch(i think), the pressure plate really hurts your leg for a while till you get used to it but again very strong and wont slip but in only running stage 1 mods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts