GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Sadly im in need of a new set. where is the best place to get these supplied and fitted for the best cost . And how much ?

Nissan want 3.5k !!:chairshot

·
Registered
17 Posts
Could you make a suggestion for me too, i am due discs and pads all round soon, Im prepared to travel, live in Guildford Surrey, but best deal and excellent fitting more important than location :).

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Im in leicester.

will travel tho .......
Could you make a suggestion for me too, i am due discs and pads all round soon, Im prepared to travel, live in Guildford Surrey, but best deal and excellent fitting more important than location :).
This applied to both of you, if you don't want to DIY the job and will travel then your best option would be Iain Litchfield, just to the SW of Brum.

You will get a choice of either AP or Alcon Discs, pad choice would depend on what you use your car for, road only, track & road etc. I would also recommend swapping your brake fluid out at the same time, not that oem is bad (it is pretty decent).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok i'm due to meet Ian next week, and have a 18 moth service and stage 2, do you know what prices i can expect (lowest cost all round, road use only) Ta

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Ok i'm due to meet Ian next week, and have a 18 moth service and stage 2, do you know what prices i can expect (lowest cost all round, road use only) Ta
Don't know what prices Iain charges for discs but for a full set of AP slotted expect to pay around £1200, based on your road use only and cost I would opt for the Ferodo DS2500 pads. I would estimate 2 to 3 hours max for all 4 replaced and Iain charged £55.00 + VAT per hour.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
No idea but Alcon do a replacement that comes with a bell which is worth factoring in. If you get Litchfields to fit the AP rotors then you will be charged labour for the mechanic to fanny about with all the little bolts that need undoing then doing up again etc etc. The Alcons come with the bell so they are a simple fit but cost wise are £50 more per side. If your minded to get Litchfields to do the swap then Alcons work out cheaper but if you dont mind getting a bit grubby the AP stuff is far cheaper.

AP rotors need to be fitted to the oem bells and its a bit of a faff which is where the labour charge kicks in.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I found some infor that Alcons are lighter than OEMs and APs are a bit heavier than OEMs...
When my OEMs will be done, I will try to get Alcons + Carbotech XP8 pads...

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
I just got a pair AP racing slotted front discs for about £600 from my local autofactors who were doing 10% off. Cosworth front and rear pads and fitting from Ian at Litchfields for about £400 so £1000 all up. Rear discs are fine.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I just got a pair AP racing slotted front discs for about £600 from my local autofactors who were doing 10% off. Cosworth front and rear pads and fitting from Ian at Litchfields for about £400 so £1000 all up. Rear discs are fine.
Exactly - no need to spend anymore IMO

·
Registered
17 Posts
Paul, did Litchfields fit the ap's even though you sourced them from Autofactors? Also, if i call Autofactors do i just ask for costs on AP discs for R35, will that suffice?

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Yes Litchfields are happy.
The discs are only sold as a complete kit { 2x discs and bobbin kit} the new AP part number is: CP4590-033YNP.CG12

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Yes, they can send direct to your house if required.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts