GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to the guys @ Ripp Mods, Ross, Perry and Phil for the time, help and use of their dyno.

After some tuning with my tuner and Perry and starting out from 330 whp @ 10 psi

We settle her in @ 530 @ 16 psi

We maxed out the 750cc injectors @ 19psi and made 599 whp.

Here's the mods again so there is no need to back search:

Stock Bottom and top- R34 N1 motor
HKS 264 cams
HKS 2530's
Greddy intake manifold
Greddy Spec R HG 5 Row I/C
RC 750 cc injectors
AEM FPR
Greddy rail
AEM EMS
NGK iradium plugs
Attkd o2 housings
nismo down pipes
ARC Ti 100mm exhaust

That's it for the motor now onto a rebuild to get more out

John

·
Registered
29 Posts
great numbers...congrats :bowdown1:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great numbers...congrats :bowdown1:
Thanks, we still have to get rid of the flat spots, but one of the turbos let go. So now on to biggeer and better things.

John

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Awesome power!

How comes you dont rev past 7250?

Rob

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good question. I told them I wanted to end it at 7500, I think it had to do with running out of fuel though. I'll find out.

Whatcha need on the bottom of the graph :), I'll get you a copy.

On a side note, we will be installing a new set of turbos onto the car sometime this week. These things will be bolt-on (hopefully), spool much quicker and support up to 800whp ;) and should be in the ball park ranges of the GT 2860's pricing wise.

I'll post up more info and dynos as I get them.

John

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She does sound good :chuckle:, I'll get a vid up when the new turbos go if, we couldn't fit the turbos in with T2 flanges so we are making new manifolds and going with a T3 top mount. A 2.7 motor is being built now so she will be a monster in a month or so :squintdan

If you guys get modified mag she'll be in the Jan or Feb issue :cool:

John

·
6,817 Posts
Congratulations for the tune, the power curve looks pretty smooth, I also used a HKS 2530 serie in my car. Great spec:)

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
So, is your car in AUS? How is RIPPS getting this work done...:confused:

Looks good...keep on pushing huh...:eek:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, my car is still in the states. RIPS will just build my motor RB30, I'll have it installed state and tuned :). Hoping to have better numbers with a 2.7 :)

John

·
Registered
82 Posts
Congrats mate! Do you think the stock bottom and top could handle the power on a stock RB26 on a -95 GT-R R33? I'm really impressed you squeezed so much WHP out of the stock bottom and top.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks!

Based on all the info gathered we've pushed the limits of having a relabile stock bottom end RB26. If I'm not mistaken the N1's can handle just a little bit more that a standard RB's. Supposingly anything over 500 will decrease the lifespans of the RB26.

We surpised ourselves with the numbers that came out.

John

·
Registered
204 Posts
Those numbers look great, just out of curiousity what fuel and octane were you running when it was dyno'd, and how many miles are on those N1 internals your replacing?$? Plus mad propps to ya, I love hearing about skyline stuff going on state side!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The N1 motor has about 6-7k miles on it now. Actually, that motor is staying together. I have a spare new N1 block that I am going to build.

The gas was a mix of Sunoco 110 leaded and Exxon/Mobil 93 :)

Thanks!

John

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
John......I need you to contact me please, we have things to discuss with your RB30 engine and it seems your not getting my e-mails......Rob

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Rob, will contact you.

John

1 - 18 of 18 Posts