GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Here is dyno result from today, sadly not a complete dyno session, heres why.....

We arrived, got the car off, got it on the dynopack in 4wd.
After warming it up we made map adjustments then Sugino san put his heavy foot down......everythings was looking awsome but at 6546rpm we popped an intercooler pipe. We were running 2.5kg/m boost as Trust wanted to know what power we could make with the T88-38GK on a HKS Hideck Engine.

So we obviously stop and agree to repair then......bloody coppers came and said no more because of the noise.

We set the power record for that run, but the exhaust was far too noisy at this location, dyno operator requested another muffler be put on the car before we return. I don`t know if the dynopac guy was correct in what he said, our dyno was at 1.00 correction, but he said should have been 1.20???

Any thoughts on that?

R

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Its in flywheel estimation mode - the number in the TCF field is used as a multiplier on torque and power to estimate flywheel figures. Given 1.00 is in that field, its basically still "at the hubs".

Thats an arseload of power for what looks like only running to full boost - though a little bit of lag there hahaha

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its in flywheel estimation mode - the number in the TCF field is used as a multiplier on torque and power to estimate flywheel figures. Given 1.00 is in that field, its basically still "at the hubs".

Thats an arseload of power for what looks like only running to full boost - though a little bit of lag there hahaha
Thanks alot for that, so is the 1.20 an accurate figure for flywheel? Seems to be way too much power. that would make it 1081ps at the fly at such little rpm....we should be going to around 10,000rpm..lol But I am sure the turbo will be well into choke area if thats how its performing so early on. lag lag lag then 650wps in 1000rpm haha quite scary.

R

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks alot for that, so is the 1.20 an accurate figure for flywheel? Seems to be way too much power. that would make it 1081ps at the fly at such little rpm....we should be going to around 10,000rpm..lol But I am sure the turbo will be well into choke area if thats how its performing so early on. lag lag lag then 650wps in 1000rpm haha quite scary.

R
Yes if you put in 1.20 you calculate 20% loss in the drivetrain, 1.15 is 15% and so on and get a flywheel number out of it, as said abouve if left at 1.00 its still hub power.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
The TCF is just for *estimating* flywheel power, so I can't really say - I think its a waste of time... just stick with what it gives you at the hubs. If you really want a decent impression, run the car in the dyno's "Big step" mode as I suspect it eliminates a lot of the losses and the figure you get is getting pretty close to flywheel power in itself!

No matter what way you look at it, its a huge amount of power at those rpm - it looks like its running a massive amount of boost! Care to share?

·
Registered
426 Posts
The TCF is just for *estimating* flywheel power, so I can't really say - I think its a waste of time... just stick with what it gives you at the hubs. If you really want a decent impression, run the car in the dyno's "Big step" mode as I suspect it eliminates a lot of the losses and the figure you get is getting pretty close to flywheel power in itself!

No matter what way you look at it, its a huge amount of power at those rpm - it looks like its running a massive amount of boost! Care to share?
2.5kg/m boost he said in the first post lith ;)

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Looking good, I just checked the Drag-r dyno and on rollers at 1.9 bar, no NOS, GT42 but at about 1000rpm higher (7480rpm) we had a little more whp and 737lbft @ wheels so you may be right on the money there Rick, looks like you need a much bigger turbo!!!! well done :)

Rob

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking good, I just checked the Drag-r dyno and on rollers at 1.9 bar, no NOS, GT42 but at about 1000rpm higher (7480rpm) we had a little more whp and 737lbft @ wheels so you may be right on the money there Rick, looks like you need a much bigger turbo!!!! well done :)

Rob
thanks Rob, yes needs a much bigger turbo, I can imagine by 7500rpm~8000rpm the turbo will be in the choke area.
Do you have your dyno figure, would be good to compair?

Rick

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Do you have your dyno figure, would be good to compair?

Rick
It was 1051whp @ 7480rpm @ 1.9 bar no NOS but the fuel pumps/injectors were maxed out so we didn't go any further.

Jeff may have the printout, I just took a picture of data on the screen after the run (not a graph, just the whp and torque at wheels numbers)

Be good to run yours again and see where it starts to fall away.

Rob

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It was 1051whp @ 7480rpm @ 1.9 bar no NOS but the fuel pumps/injectors were maxed out so we didn't go any further.

Jeff may have the printout, I just took a picture of data on the screen after the run (not a graph, just the whp and torque at wheels numbers)

Be good to run yours again and see where it starts to fall away.

Rob
I have the data of the trust turbo, and all the printed data at xxx rpm, and I can see they maxed out the turbo too, Trust T88-38GK is a great turbo, they made similar power as us, 7500rpm was a little over 1000ps. But at 8500rpm the power dropper 1000ps, so turbo has flowed its max cfm. Engine can clearly take more but perhaps at the risk of the block. I will try and get some time tomorrow and crunch some numbers and see where the T100-R would put us. Would be great to have another go, but putting a non drag muffler I can imagine will effect the figures a little. Still thats a big turbo you have there to flow that much at 1.9kg/cm! What is it? GT45? Good to compair turbos

Rick

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Still thats a big turbo you have there to flow that much at 1.9kg/cm! What is it? GT45? Good to compair turbos

Rick
Jeff runs a GT42rs, it was on Q16, keep in mind the boost is a measure of resistance so 1.9 bar on one engine might be more airflow than 1.9 bar on another engine.

The GT4202 was maxed out as well, basicly Jeffs motor was designed to make 800-900whp not 1000whp+ so we are happy with the results and to be able to back up the whp figures with the correct mph at the strip.

With a GT45, plenty of fuel supply, 1600cc injectors and a little more boost (2.2 to 2.3 bar) we'd expect around 200whp more from what he has now.

Sounds like you need something around the size of GT45 to get it pulling nice to 9000rpm.

Best of luck,

Rob

1 - 16 of 16 Posts