GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Small video, others with the pops & bangs didn't seem to make it very clear.

I recorded this although my software has massively reduced the quality from 1080p HD to 360p I think it still gives a better idea than any other video I've seen so far.

1 min 25 secs is a rolling launch you hear the tone change another at 2 mins 10 secs to display that.

GT-R Pops & Bangs - YouTube

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Running the not loudest Miltek but next one down of the 4 options along with the downpipes.

I admit its all a bit childish but still harmless fun. Makes your fuel bill a bit higher though :)

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
How much would pops & bangs be expected to reduce the life expectancy of the turbos & exhaust system on a GTR? I know that permanently mapped p&b can take a fair bit off on an Evo ...

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Loads of us are running V4 from litchfield. It's amazing. Like a school kid with pop and bang,, but you have a choice of a couple of different ones on offer,
Ask Iain what your requirements are,
Goldie
So is it safe as Ecutek haven't officially released it yet.... Is it the final bug free build?

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
V4 came out in December mate. Keep up lol :smokin:
Officially? If so my bad, I didn't think ecutek had released the final build yet

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Sounds great and could be the thing that makes me jump ship from Cobb. Is it sensor O2 sensor friendly?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Any more info on this????? :eek:
Well, I'm not the best person to answer this but having flames running through the exhaust obviously means that it experiences quite a lot more heat than usual during these times. If it's a switchable map then it will not be as problematic but if it's permanent then this can add up after time.

I have it on a switchable map on the Evo and in the 3 years I have run it, I have only turned the chav button on for about 30 seconds during that time. However, mine is mild anti-lag which produces pops & bangs but I think that there are other types as well (over-fuelling? ignition?). With anti-lag, because the turbo keeps on spinning all the time hot exhaust gases remain in the system and will damage the turbo, manifold & exhaust system quite quickly. I was warned not to run it for more than 10 miles / 10 minutes at a time ... however, being anti-lag type it's quite extreme.

Hopefully one of the tuners can comment on the p&b that is part of V4 and it's component interaction.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Well, I'm not the best person to answer this but having flames running through the exhaust obviously means that it experiences quite a lot more heat than usual during these times. If it's a switchable map then it will not be as problematic but if it's permanent then this can add up after time.

I have it on a switchable map on the Evo and in the 3 years I have run it, I have only turned the chav button on for about 30 seconds during that time. However, mine is mild anti-lag which produces pops & bangs but I think that there are other types as well (over-fuelling? ignition?). With anti-lag, because the turbo keeps on spinning all the time hot exhaust gases remain in the system and will damage the turbo, manifold & exhaust system quite quickly. I was warned not to run it for more than 10 miles / 10 minutes at a time ... however, being anti-lag type it's quite extreme.

Hopefully one of the tuners can comment on the p&b that is part of V4 and it's component interaction.
Makes sense.

Hopefully we can get some clarification from Iain @ Litchfields as I believe they are the masters of Ecutek. Again, given their reputation I dont think they would have released any 'pops & bangs' map if it wasn't safe, but it would be good to see if there are any downsides at all.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts