GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fitted my new Gotboost extinguisher mount this morning after some early morning data logging runs....think it looks great and the extinguisher itself does not get in the way of your legs when sitting in the passenger seat.

Lets hope I never need to use it :runaway:

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes and yes:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Tidy, is there a UK reseller?

Anders

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
I can see loads of pasengers kicking the ring when they're getting in someone elses car

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tidy, is there a UK reseller?

Anders
Nope don't think so....cheap part really at $98 plus the shipping and the cost of the extinguisher.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can see loads of pasengers kicking the ring when they're getting in someone elses car
Passengers....is this a new GTR thing:D

Only a couple of people really ever in my car and all very careful...know there life's would not be worth living if they damaged my baby. Given it's big and bright red you would need to be a bit blind to kick it really though.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Carbon wrap it though, reds a bit bright :chuckle:
Good job though!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
I'm guessing that's the excellent Gotboost one?
I fitted mine a couple of weeks ago too and it is a quality piece of kit.

I bought a shiny Amerex extinguisher as Dave knows they fit, but the handles do seem to end up very close to the front bolster of the seat. I've had a few passengers now, so will see if it actually touches. If it does, wrapping the end of the handles in some foam will sort it.

Looks like you just found a completely different extinguisher that fits the other way round, well done!

Many thanks to Dave at Got Boost performance.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep mine is the gotboost one. I opted not to go with the amerex extinguisher as I thought it might be a touch too big so mine is about an inch smaller than the suggested model. It is a quality product.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Yep mine is the gotboost one. I opted not to go with the amerex extinguisher as I thought it might be a touch too big so mine is about an inch smaller than the suggested model. It is a quality product.
But how did you know the bolt hole pattern in the bracket would fit the Gotboost mount? Or did you try it on in a shop? Make, model and supplier would be useful for us UK buyers.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Frankly, I can see the relevance in a GT3, but wouldn't you be better off in a GTR with an emergeny ice pack or a small cannister of tranny fluid?

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
But how did you know the bolt hole pattern in the bracket would fit the Gotboost mount? Or did you try it on in a shop? Make, model and supplier would be useful for us UK buyers.
I never knew it would fit...had to take a punt at it...one of the mount holes was perfectly placed and I had to improvise with the other with a bigger bolt and washer which you can see when the extinguisher is removed but not when it's in situ.

Will dig out where I got it....bought it ages ago and can't find the email receipt.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Looks very nice, always worries me seeing such new cars with a fire extinguisher though. The though of putting your 50k car out on the side of the road makes me cringe!

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Looks very nice, always worries me seeing such new cars with a fire extinguisher though. The though of putting your 50k car out on the side of the road makes me cringe!
Better safe than sorry. Also some track days require them (very rarely though).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts