Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GTR35 - CCM Front - 6 Piston kit - CP7714-1000

New Factory Carbon Ceramic (CCM) Big Brake Kit with Ø410mm x 36mm thick discs.
Kit has been designed to offer a direct replacement for the standard Front OE CCM set up, with 6 piston calipers finished in a high temperature Silver paint finish.

Kit Part Number:
- Crome Caliper Kit Number - CP7714-1000S5.D
- Silver paint finish available.

Info on pricing asap

New Factory Radi-CAL™ Big Brake Kit with Ø410mm x 36mm thick discs.
Kit uses new forged World Radi-CAL™ 6 Piston caliper, which offer a significant weight reduction in mass compared t coventional designs through applying AP Racing's patented Radi-CAL™ design concept.

Kit Part Numbers:
- Black Caliper Kit Number - CP8521Z1000BG.CG12
- Red Caliper Kit Number - CP8521Z1000R2.CG12

- Kits are available with GA 'J' Hook disc face types.

New Factory Radi-CAL™ Big Brake Kit with Ømm x 36mm thick discs.
Kit uses new forged World Radi-CAL™ 4 Piston caliper, which offer a significant weight reduction in mass compared t coventional designs through applying AP Racing's patented Radi-CAL™ design concept.

Kit Part Numbers:
- Black Caliper Kit Number - CP8540Z1000BG.CG12
- Red Caliper Kit Number - CP8540Z1000R2.CG12

- Kits are available with GA 'J' Hook disc face types

·
Registered
496 Posts
CCB are one thing I really miss from my old car. Not just for the performance advantage but also because the wheels stay sparkly clean ;)

·
Vendor
480 Posts
I saw these on the test car last week, they look absolutely incredible and I would have to say probably 'the ultimate' setup for a GTR, as you would expect from AP the pedal feel, feedback and performance is awesome.
They are at a premium price but if you're after 'the best' then look no further!

·
Vendor
480 Posts
...And I had to mention (having had the 'ok' to say) this kit was developed between Middlehurst Nissan/Middlehurst Motorsport and AP Racing and I was shown it very proudly by the guys at Middlehurst. They've been testing it on track for a while with great results and looking forward to seeing the production kit on more cars!

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
That, with the RED caliper could be the only thing to temp me away from the Alcon BBK, depending on the price of course !!!!

·
Registered
700 Posts
I guess price will be the main factor on these as the BBK has proved to be popular and at the more 'affordable' end of the market given how comprehensive the kit is and how well the kit performs.

H

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
I think that AP should offer the GTROC a BIG discount :)

Reactions: Firestarter

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread but can anyone confirm the unsprung mass saving (if any) of the Radi-Cal brake set-up versus OEM (MY09)?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,356 Posts
Sorry, it thought you wanted to see what the weight difference of CCM vs iron was and were quoting that as the cost for the same kit Ben was offering. Given that there are still a heck of a lot of very high performance cars that run iron rotors you'd really have to question the need for carbon ceramic rotors for a road car.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Sorry, it thought you wanted to see what the weight difference of CCM vs iron was and were quoting that as the cost for the same kit Ben was offering. Given that there are still a heck of a lot of very high performance cars that run iron rotors you'd really have to question the need for carbon ceramic rotors for a road car.
No worries fella and sorry for the confusion. I agree. As my car is predominantly used on the road, I think the Radi-Cal kit is more appropriate for me over the CCM. Given how my Evo stands on its nose with a AP BBK fitted, I can't see stopping power being an issue :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Everything I've read about the CCM rotors suggests that the benefits are noting to do with braking, and that a decent kit is also more than happy when it comes to handling repeated stops. The main thing is the huge reduction in rotation and unsprung mass. This gives MUCH better steering feel/turn it etc and makes the suspension more compliant and responsive as it reduces the load that the spring has to control. These things are nice benefits to experience everyday on the road, not just on track.

That's the reason I'm going for it anyway.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.