GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am after some input! There is an option for a good friend of mine to open a garage in Hertfordshire (Letchworth). He has 8 years experiance in Nissan and performance car mod's.

I am after some honest remarks as to whether any of you out there would benifit from this location or are you too happy with your garages and tuners to change?

PLEASE BE HONEST..... Thanks

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Yes would definately benefit from this. At present most of the garages are either up north our down south. It also depends what kind of experience your friend has. Has he built engines?? Does he know how to map ? etc etc

Regards

Gerry

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Gerry.

Engine rebuilds, electrics, gearboxes and all other parts are no worries! As for a on-site Dyno i think that would have to come a bit later although for customer satisfaction they would get that done for the customer and guarantee all the work as you would expect any garage to.

The idea of having some deals with major parts suppliers to reduce prices for customers would be a big must as well!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Dont really need a dyno at the beginning, just the ability to map. What a lot of tuners do is just map on the road and perhaps do some fine tuning on a nearby dyno such as G-force.

Parts is a very heated topic especially when tuners charge a hell of a lot of money compared to what we can get them for. I suppose though if something goes wrong with the part they will be liable.

Good luck.

Gez

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I think you need to build trust and respect with your customers, this only comes with time, I wouldn't expect people to be queuing up for engine rebuilds on day 1.

I also imagine that having a demo car getting good results in the popular events is the best advertising you can do for your skills.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
completely agree :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.