GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just got my new gtr 14 and want to make it sound better, any suggestions on makes n prices, also my car gets so hot inside n out is this normal

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Look at the Russ Fellows Y pipe. In my opinion its the best out there at 75mm. They are hand made and have a lifetime warranty. The drone isn't too bad and it gives nice note.

The A/C controls should help with the temperature inside and the outside will cool down in the winter. :chuckle:

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
You will learn as time goes by, for example don't expect a nice cold can of coke to be cold for long in the cup holder ;)

Also if you go shopping and have any fridge/freezer items in the boot, get home asap, and I mean ASAP!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I always thought it was because of the transmission tunnel running the entire length of the car making it hot ?
Correct.

Also, due to the lovely design and size of the oem exhaust along with the minimal insulation between the boot and exhaust results in the heat issue mentioned by deankenny.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Look at the Russ Fellows Y pipe. In my opinion its the best out there at 75mm. They are hand made and have a lifetime warranty. The drone isn't too bad and it gives nice note.

The A/C controls should help with the temperature inside and the outside will cool down in the winter. :chuckle:
How much did the Russ fellows set you back? I'm considering one but it's not easy as there are so many options.

·
Registered
206 Posts
How much did the Russ fellows set you back? I'm considering one but it's not easy as there are so many options.
£375 delivered. If you look at them. Its the only one with nice curves in the pipes where they meet it certainly looks to be the most efficient although I'm no expert. It is beautifully made and finished though and great value.

·
Registered
330 Posts
£375 delivered. If you look at them. Its the only one with nice curves in the pipes where they meet it certainly looks to be the most efficient although I'm no expert. It is beautifully made and finished though and great value.
Not a bad price. I've seen plenty of pics and it does look a quality product. The only question is does it sound good, produce more volume but without a lot of drone. This is obviously subjective, so everyone has different views.

Thanks Matt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts