GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Just picked up my first GTR, and although I am more than pleased with it, I am looking to get some subtle upgrades done to the car in the new year. With so many options available, can anybody steer me in the right direction with regard to mods that I can do and still keep the car happy as a daily drive car?

Thanks

Ben

·
Registered
609 Posts
Super quick fix, get a four light kit for the rear if it's 2009 and led side lights for the front all of which make a massive difference.

Then look at performance options

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks! f.s.

Forgot to mention the car already has the Y-Pipe, apart from that the car is standard.
So the most important work is done ;)
You have some good sound.

How about some cheap spacers ?! I mean it´s just for the look,
but i like the look. lol.

·
Registered
449 Posts
cool, i would say a stage 2 ecutek remap if you can afford just a tad more,and the gearbox software upgrade if your older than a ten plate i believe. that will give you LC4 if you ever want to launch it plus it makes gear changes much nicer. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
609 Posts
All 4 back light rings are illuminated without braking.
And while braking the two rings in the middle are brighter than the rest.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks all.

Have been looking at the 4 light kit (thanks buzby) as well as a Stage 2 upgrade from Litchfields....I suspect this new found GTR habit is going to become a very expensive one!

How much does the gearbox upgrade cost?

Also, have got some PIAA LED side lights on order..how easy are they to self fit given some basic mechanical knowledge?

·
Registered
609 Posts
So the most important work is done ;)
You have some good sound.

How about some cheap spacers ?! I mean it´s just for the look,
but i like the look. lol.
PLEASE DO NOT get cheap spacers as they all end tears!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts