232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my heaters decide to do what they like instead of listing to me haha
Where can I get a new panel for it

Thanks guys and girls

·
Vendor
1,669 Posts
Just be careful of finding a new panel only to find out its your AV unit thats playing up. It controls the heater panel and one of the symptoms of faulty AV unit can be a heater panel which plays up.

It might be the panel like you suspect but wouldn't want you to buy one only to find it doesn't fix it. Maybe try to borrow one to try out first :thumbsup:

More likely to be an 09 car to have the AV unit playing up. if yours is a NAV car then less likely but not impossible.

Andy

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just be careful of finding a new panel only to find out its your AV unit thats playing up. It controls the heater panel and one of the symptoms of faulty AV unit can be a heater panel which plays up.

It might be the panel like you suspect but wouldn't want you to buy one only to find it doesn't fix it. Maybe try to borrow one to try out first :thumbsup:

More likely to be an 09 car to have the AV unit playing up. if yours is a NAV car then less likely but not impossible.

Andy
Cheers mate it's a 11 DBA if that helps ?

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
My 09 plays up when you adjust the temp and also the radio turned it self to full volume once does that sound like panel or av unit hope you don't mind me adding to your thread r35 owner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Vendor
1,669 Posts
It depends on whats meant by playing up. On a DBA car, its unlikely to be the AV unit. If it's just the knob which is playing up, its likely to be fixed with a squirt of switch cleaner. Don't go mad with it but it often helps. More common on the volume knob but I've seen it on the heater knob.

If its playing up like not blowing cold or you can't turn AC on or similar things like this then on the 09 models, it could be the AV unit.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
It depends on whats meant by playing up. On a DBA car, its unlikely to be the AV unit. If it's just the knob which is playing up, its likely to be fixed with a squirt of switch cleaner. Don't go mad with it but it often helps. More common on the volume knob but I've seen it on the heater knob.

If its playing up like not blowing cold or you can't turn AC on or similar things like this then on the 09 models, it could be the AV unit.

Thanks for reply I'll try that everything works only issue is when you lower temperature it goes up then down then up and then back down just have todo one click at a time and if I adjust the volume with the knob it occasionally goes full volume fine of steering wheel controls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tempetures work perfect just when your trying to adjust the fan speed for instance turning it down it's goes up lol you have to fight with it to turn it down other than that the panel works perfectly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts