GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi... my first post! Anyway, i just got an R32 GT-R, i'm not gonna race it or anything, i just want an improved car. First thing i want to do is improve the suspension and ride (and of course the stance). What kind of springs or coilovers do you recommend? Aside from handling, i also want a smoother ride if possible, my current ride is pretty stiff. The car is at 100,000km so maybe the suspension is do for changing. take note that I do live in the Philippines where we have bumpy roads filled with potholes.. Aside from coilovers or springs/shocks, what else do i need to improve handling?

·
Registered
49 Posts
you can actually get any type of suspencion as long it's fully adjustible(i.e. height and stiffness) also you can replace the front and rear lower control and torsion bars.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the stock coilovers height-adjustable? If it's too stiff, throw the car onto a lift and see what's been installed. If the car came with aftermarket coilovers (as mine did), you can just turn the damping all the way to soft, and consider going to softer antiroll bars as well. It could also be that your shocks inside the coilovers are worn out and you're not getting any damping when you hit bumps.

·
Premium Member
3,815 Posts
"correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the stock coilovers height-adjustable?"

No they are fixed platform.

Make sure all your rubber bushes are still in good condition.
If you have to drive over a lot of potholes I would be going for fairly soft spring rates. Say 6kg/mm front 5kg/mm rear.
Nismo S tune or maybe Bilstein BPS would be good. Look for a steel bodied coilover rather than alloy if the roads are really that pot holed.
You definitely don't want any of the smooth road hard spring rate aftermarket coilovers. Leave the anti roll bars standard but check the bushes and drop links for wear. I'd probably steer clear of pillow ball top mounts as well in order to keep a smooth ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts