GTR Forum banner
41 - 60 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
I doubt you will get the option of the nismo seats it’s not in keeping with the ethos of what the presentation was communicating

100 units is basically what is on offer
Hopefully, there are more cars made than this 100 run special, otherwise, I suspect you are correct Matty.

·
Registered
26,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
It’s 100 car run, so I can’t see this in uk

nissan jP has a habit of doing this

New GT-R is the T-Spec available for the Premium and the Track Edition. Only 100 will be available. New colours are DAP Midnight Purple and JW0 Millennium Jade. T-Spec stands for "Trend Maker" or "Traction Master".
Press Release:
YOKOHAMA, Japan – Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. today unveiled the new Japan-market GT-R. The model line-up includes two limited grades, the GT-R Premium Edition T-spec and GT-R Track Edition Engineered by NISMO T-spec. All are scheduled to go on sale in the second half of October.
The two T-spec limited editions are specially equipped with exclusive carbon ceramic brakes, a carbon-fiber rear spoiler, an exclusive engine cover, and an exclusive badge for front and rear. A total of 100 units of the limited-edition models are planned for sale, with successful purchasers selected by lot.
Two new body colors, Midnight Purple and Millennium Jade, have been added to the T-spec options. Midnight Purple is an advanced version of the color used on previous generations of GT-Rs and is inspired by color-shifting of the aurora borealis. Millennium Jade exudes sophistication and conveys a quiet, yet powerful presence.
The name T-spec represents the GT-R’s philosophy of leading and shaping the times and is inspired by the words trend and traction. As a trend maker, the GT-R is created to always be ahead of the times, and the car’s ability to drive with robust grip — a key characteristic engineers have always worked hard on — make it a traction master.
The Nissan GT-R Premium Edition T-spec also has an exclusive interior design, Rays forged alloy wheels (bronze), and suspension that takes advantage of weight reductions below the springs. An expanded wheel-rim width has increased tire rigidity, enabling smooth and sensitive handling.
Developed with a focus on enhanced driving performance, the GT-R Track Edition engineered by NISMO T-spec is specially equipped with an exclusive carbon-fiber roof and trunk lid. GT-R Track Edition engineered by NISMO is a grade based on the standard model enhanced with NISMO technology.
Premium Edition T-Spec 15,904,900 yen
Track edition engineered by NISMO T-Spec 17,881,600 yen

·
Vendor
3,768 Posts
I think it has to be one of the biggest let downs I’ve witnessed as a automotive release, even the transit sport vans pulled more out of the stock room🙈

·
Super Moderator
16,098 Posts
Likely they'll do the limited release and then option all of that on the normal cars.

·
Super Moderator
16,098 Posts
I tend to agree surprised they haven't at least revised the lights, they're still the same basic shape as 2008, just with a bit of neon in them.
Also a bit disappointing no special edition for EU or power hike.

That green interior is a bit of a meh for me as well. But I hope this means dash upgrade for the TE.

·
Registered
500 Posts
That green interior wont show the mould when its been in a barn for 30 years....

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
That green interior is starting to grow on me, it's just that different to what I was expecting it was a shock at first. With the MJ paint and the bronze wheels it's certainly different and, I think, not a bad combo for those fancying something alternative....

·
Registered
500 Posts
The alcantara dash is long overdue. I've had to fit my dashcam with a polarising filter to get rid of the reflections of the usual one...

·
Super Moderator
16,098 Posts
Yes I hope they do that on all TEs now. The green isn't great, prefer the Nismo optioned seats on the TE.

Reactions: mondie

·
Super Moderator
16,098 Posts
All I know is I have a deposit on one and the dealer says yes, but they aren't taking any new orders....

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am keen to know whether this 100 cars is it for the GTR and the UK gets a handful, or whether it's a continuing model and we can still spec our cars as we prefer.

·
Registered
26,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
If I was a betting guy

100 only for japan ( as per request to visiting Nismo , Nissan HPC )

export markets not in the frame

no 2022 model ( outside of this announcement)

hope to be proved wrong but this seems a final blow out

·
Registered
185 Posts
I hope you are wrong too Matty, from the link you posted:

"While the GT-R will continue to be built in Japan – and sold in overseas markets – for the foreseeable future, Nissan Australia is expected to commemorate the iconic GT-R with a batch of approximately 50 limited-edition T-Spec and Nismo models "

·
Registered
26,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I did read my own link but Australia is different to Europe, and prob a bigger gtr market.

just Can’t see Nissan bringing this to eu

How many anniversary editions they sell here ? Spec v etc very little

wait and see but won’t be clear cut & the price is going to be high id say £130k plus

41 - 60 of 110 Posts