101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,889 Posts
Reactions: Simonh and TREG

·
Registered
523 Posts
Been thinking about this launch and given it is a "Limited Edition", announced as limited to 100 cars, then later it was mentioned that 50 are allocated to the North America markets (one report said 50 to Australia but I think that is getting countries starting with "A" and ending with "a" mixed up!), it has struck me there are similarities to the build of the 45th Anniversary Edition.

I did some checking and found this website entry: NISSAN GT-R ’45th ANNIVERSARY’ – HOW MANY MADE
"Now time has passed, it’s now known just 79 cars were sold in the world. Initially it was to be sold purely in Japan with a limited number of only 45 cars but was then decided to roll out the edition for a worldwide market, but Limited to 100 cars. Some of the Japan models had a choice of Black or Red Interiors. "
"In total only 34 of the cars were RHD. The United States were to get 30 cars but just 27 sold there. Australia got just 4 cars, all being RHD. In Japan they were receive 45 cars – although only 25 sold and all were RHD. Just 5 Cars were sold in the UK, including the original press car (which was later believed to have been wrapped black and maybe now out the country). The remaining 16 cars were split around the UAE areas. Another two being unknown but LHD. "

I guess time will tell whether the production and sales figures end up similar (except the UK part!!).

·
Super Moderator
16,118 Posts
I've been told a T Spec is possible in the UK but it is £170K. That's Nismo money!

·
Registered
26,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
I wasn’t far off, I think I said 160. Yup would be Nismo money as it has the brakes etc

id prefer a Nismo tbh

wouldnt be ordering it at that value just for paint colour but that’s what makes it ( for me anyway ) - depreciation would be a huge factor

·
Super Moderator
16,118 Posts
Well it would definitely appreciate in future years I suppose. TE with all options (carbon spoiler, roof, seats and brakes) is shy of £120K so you're basically paying a massive premium if you got one at that price.

Reactions: matty32

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've been told a T Spec is possible in the UK but it is £170K. That's Nismo money!
That's nuts, 50k more than a TE specced with ceramic brakes/carbon roof/carbon boot/spoiler and including the Nismo seats & Alcantra s/wheel, but lacking the Alcantra dash/headlining, bronze wheels and green seats.

·
Registered
26,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
I wouldnt bank on future values tbh, I’d never buy a car esp a gtr as an investment

·
Super Moderator
16,118 Posts
No agreed. The car business is very cyclical supposedly. You'd need someone who really wanted that exact special edition which can be tricky.

·
Vendor
3,893 Posts
I think there starting to get carried away with there pricing, having said that we might not see any more gtr’s here so it does’nt make much difference.

·
Vendor
3,893 Posts
I’ve noticed dealers are ramping up the prices on current stock, so I get the feeling there slowing down there stock and pulling maximum profit out of them.

I’ll stick my neck out and say watch the prices rise now on good std cars, there’ll be some modded cars trying to jump on the band wagon but I don’t see long term investment.

Those lucky enough to have Nismo’s hold onto them as it’s going to be better than money in the bank.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I’ve noticed dealers are ramping up the prices on current stock, so I get the feeling there slowing down there stock and pulling maximum profit out of them.

I’ll stick my neck out and say watch the prices rise now on good std cars, there’ll be some modded cars trying to jump on the band wagon but I don’t see long term investment.

Those lucky enough to have Nismo’s hold onto them as it’s going to be better than money in the bank.
I have no intention of selling my nismo that’s for sure.

·
Registered
521 Posts

I was looking at the new silver Nismo and grey TE in Scotland in May. Didn't really want either colour and decided to wait until the spec was announced on the cars for 22. The dealer's all sold their demos over the summer and we've had silence from Nissan UK. I hope the orders placed are honoured but I have my doubts...

·
Vendor
3,893 Posts
If I had spare dosh I’d be buying a nismo of any year, near as original as possible and with history and low miles.

·
Super Moderator
16,118 Posts
I'm feeling the dealer is confident but I share your scepticism.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Checked with my "informed source" today. He says the continued Nissan UK silence is deafening...

·
Super Moderator
16,118 Posts
Yeah I was told they had accepted our orders, but original build was supposed to be August for December, now we're being told Feb, I will be surprised tbh. Which is annoying as I'd have bought other things.

101 - 120 of 141 Posts