GTR Forum banner
121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Please disregard my vested interest in the arrival or not of models in 2022... Meanwhile, some thoughts:
How many orders have they got from the UK? 5? 10? 20? - and how many of them can be discounted as Dealers being speculative?
Is that enough to justify a build that might need spec modification for 2022 emissions compliance and the cost to Nissan of getting them homologated?
And I'm not sure they would get away with a MY21.5 spec to try and avoid all that. I'm fairly certain the revised rules apply from delivery date, not build date...
They might be able to apply for a Derogation to build more MY21 spec models if they were to apply for one but would Nissan Worldwide (Japan HQ) even know about that (plus the possibility of losing face if it became public!).. However, whilst some EU companies have had approvals for car companies (Maserati was the last one I heard of a couple of years ago) I've never heard of any in the UK - after all, when we were in the EU whilst we were happy to extend and expand any EU regulation (jobs for our Civil Service) we seemed to be unable to go through the necessary procedures (leaving that to EU countries that had a border with the Mediterranean :) )
And would Nissan do that just for the UK market - wouldn't they want to build for the larger EU market plus UK? Anyone know if other European countries are fretting over 2022 GT-R orders?

·
Super Moderator
16,118 Posts
I'm told it could be up to 20 orders are accepted and confirmed, around 10 GTR, 9 TE and 1 Nismo. They could've sold more frankly as quite a few dealers have been disappointed they couldn't order more. So I wonder what they're up to honestly. Supposedly they were going to be 'MY21.5' to get round everything but maybe that hasn't happened. I wish I knew, but despite apparently having a confirmed order I've heard nothing.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I feel that non delivery would be a very sad way to end the R35 regime in the UK. The world has changed a lot since my order after the Geneva Motor Show in 2008. But I'm glad I stretched myself (several times) to be a part of the experience. Good luck all you with orders in...

·
Super Moderator
16,118 Posts
Really I'm relaxed, if it comes great, it if doesn't maybe I'll look at that Macca I keep getting distracted by. :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
The current shortages of semi-conductors/chip and raw materials is one of the issue, electric cars production has increased massively and them needing 10X more chip than a non-electric cars, we can only guess that car manufacturers have a priority list of what sells the most at the moment.

·
Registered
26,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
I think they will give priority to higher sales volume cars due to chip shortages & japan models for r35

dotn wish to be negative but I’m being realistic

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Probably get laughed at but.....do GT-Rs sell well in Japan? I know cars are made for markets but if their allocation doesn't sell might we get what is left?? Or what's left in Tochigi to assemble as RHD? Might that explain the wait or am I just being desperate?!

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I was speaking with someone who probably should know what’s what and they believe customers orders will be fulfilled, this is to do with orders being delivered in the first quarter of next year. From what I understand this will be confirmed in November. Not so sure the nismo that’s due , will arrive though.

·
Registered
218 Posts
That's good to read Will, the dealer has been adamant the orders will be fulfilled but it's good to hear it from another source. Is this person well placed within Nissan?

Looking at the prices of Bayside GTR's these last few days was starting to P me off a bit after I passed on a demo for £81k in May while we are left hanging.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
That's good to read Will, the dealer has been adamant the orders will be fulfilled but it's good to hear it from another source. Is this person well placed within Nissan?

Looking at the prices of Bayside GTR's these last few days was starting to P me off a bit after I passed on a demo for £81k in May while we are left hanging.
Yes I would say it’s from a good source.
I have seen adverts for 6 month old Bayside Gtrs at £90k plus.

·
Registered
218 Posts
It is a hard call Matty. If you are done with the R35 then why not while the market is up. but if you think you may want another in the future, then you better have a pretty good crystal ball! This could be a high point for prices or the beginning of a stronger long-term trend.

·
Registered
26,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
Yeah tough call - work pays for it so not me however it’s my asset so depreciation isn’t really too much of a concern but blue is nice

hard to think what could replace it

·
Registered
218 Posts
Very little really, I have been casting the net wide and a GT-R is hard to beat unless you want to go, McLaren, but then you will feel a complete bellend every time you open those doors. Perhaps an F90 M5 for the straight line performance.

·
Vendor
3,893 Posts
There’s quite a few eba’s going through the block in the coming weeks. I bet most most are cashing in now as to minimise any losses.

·
Registered
26,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 · (Edited)
Prices are high and no new 35s maybe a handful
So it’s the old supply & demand. I do think it’s essentially the same car throughout its production life cycle. They do need to replace it to keep pace. Nice car to own & hard to see what you could replace it with. Although certain editions are in super car territory - that said I’d love a nismo

121 - 140 of 141 Posts