GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took some pics last night. She's not 100% complete. Apparently the guy who was doing the work, stopped going to work for a few weeks (that's the reason my car took so long to get done). It seems apparently the guy cut my bumper and where the lower end meets the intercooler and the original mounting points for the signal light. No problem with the light the new guy fab something up, but we didn't know the center part was cut until I saw the finished product. Also apparently someone thought they can jack up the car using my intercooler so the middle of the ic it's tabbed up. Long story short they will fix or replace the bumper and the ic.

The front signal lights are not on yet, since they are redoing the bumper.

Sorry they aren't that great but you get the point.

John

·
Registered
234 Posts
Let me say... congrats.. looks great John....can't wait to take some shots together....

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
What size is your FMIC? I too like that rear diffuser.
Cool wheels btw :thumbsup: I really wish they did
not have to put those indicators in the rear arches
like that. My friend had the same thing done to his
R34 in Hawaii.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I'd love front and rear diffusers on my car, but with all the f**king speed humps in the road in this place they wouldnt last a day.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Mmmmm.......... very nice! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I'd love front and rear diffusers on my car, but with all the f**king speed humps in the road in this place they wouldnt last a day.
you need to get some car actuators to lift her up and down for the speed bumps :chuckle:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys.

Let me say... congrats.. looks great John....can't wait to take some shots together....
Yes yes, we may do another run in a couple of weeks, hopefully your car can come out and play with some full boost :cool:

What rear diffuser is that?
It's a Top Secret diffuser, now I have to get the vortex generators

Nice rear diffuser aswell, where and how much???
Thanks, I bought it from JDMSpeedshop.com, got it for USD$1100 plus shipping to the US.

What size is your FMIC? I too like that rear diffuser.
Cool wheels btw I really wish they did not have to put those indicators in the rear arches like that. My friend had the same thing done to his
R34 in Hawaii.
The IC is a Greddy 5 Row it's L 710mm x W 115mm x H 302mm. The wheels, I originally bought a set of noble gold, but they sold them. So the wifey got me these as a suprise, but we waited about 5 months for them (don't the wifes have good taste in wheels :)). Yeah I wanted to fill the rear indicators, but decided against it since I didn't want to redo the paint since it's all original except for the kit and tail light covers.

I drive my car as much as I can into the city, the front isn't too bad, but then again we doing have much speed bumps, only pot holes :)

John

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Yikes...what kind of place do you take your car too? The guy just didnt show for a few weeks? And jacking a car up using the FMIC...I would be a little nervous.

Does the front require indicators or just reflectors?

Great looking car!

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
How did you legalise that car in New York mate?

It's lovely!:)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yikes...what kind of place do you take your car too? The guy just didnt show for a few weeks? And jacking a car up using the FMIC...I would be a little nervous.

Does the front require indicators or just reflectors?

Great looking car!
The shop belongs to a very good friend and sponsor :). Their body guy had health problems which I totally understand, but after he felt better he came in for a couple of days and disappeared again. So my friend had an outsider come and do the work. The other guy came back so I'm bringing it back and having him redo it.

I'm using a set of Nismo clears instead of the orange units that came with the kit.

How did you legalise that car in New York mate?
This was legalized by Motorex before they got into trouble. It was imported in 2002, sold to someone in NY in 2003, guy never had the docs to register it. He sold it back to RB Motoring and I was storing it for them and decided to keep it instead, 2 days later DOT issued the bond release :) . Great 1 year anniversary present from the wifey :)

that is looking great , good work fella!
Thank you couldn't have done it if I didn't see all the beautiful cars here for insperation.

John

·
6,821 Posts
Fantastic looking car, an other limited R33 in perfect condition.
As clean as Hyrev's:D

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fantastic looking car, other limited R33 in perfect condition.
As clean as Hyrev's:D
If I didn't have the kit, it would be Hyrev's twin :)

John

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Superb :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts