GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new member signing in! Feels like a privelege to be among GTR owners! I'm also looking for some help: next year, i turn 21, finish uni, and will have around £10k to use on a new car. My options thus far have centered on: Nissan 300ZX TT, Supra MKIV TT, Lancer Evo IV, Impreza, and now an R32. I've been loitering on most of the above car forums, but I'm more confused than i was to begin with. Is the R32 the best choice, and will i get a good one for £10k??? Thanks in advance guys, i need some guidance!! Damn these choices!

Seb

·
Registered
88 Posts
You should get an R32 GTR for £10k but to get the best might require a little extra outlay.

However, not to put a downer on it, but have you got any insurance quotes yet? I'd do this first, so you know where you stand...

I pay £900 and I'm 36 with full no claims, garage etc. etc. so you might be in for a nasty shock :eek:

Chris

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah, insurance on any of the above cars will be horrific eg. thousands, I hope you have no claims or you might struggle to get quotes .:( But ring round and best of luck, the R32 is the only choice by the way:smokin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everyone always mentions the insurance, and I know its a nightmare, I spend a lot of time looking for various quotes on tasty machinery, so I'm ready for the worst. Funnily (though not at the time) my first year of insurance for my 1.0l Saxo at 18 years old was £1700, so similar for a skyline is great value!

Seb

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
as I said before, when clicking wrong button, you will be lucky

a) to get cover at 21 on a GTR
b) if it is anything under 3k - 4k

Alot of companies want to see prior car experience at that age and lack of NCB, a Saxo 1.0 isn;t what there looking for.

Sorry,

Matt

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Use Tesco online to get a quote. Will give you some idea. Im 21, I think the last time I was quoted on a Skyline it was about 3500, but that was with less than 3yrs NCB.

Having said that I played with the options getting loads of quotes, and age made a much better impact than NCB.

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, am i assuming that people think that out of the list of possible cars i've mentioned, the skyline is the best choice?

G

·
0 Posts
Running costs of any of those cars will be high, don't put yourself in a bad financial position because of a car. You have many years ahead of you.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just a thought for you, Im 22 with 2 years NCB and on my 400+bhp 32GTR Im paying £1700 fully comp with everything declared, through Tesco's!!

Billy

edit due to dumb spelling, sorry!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Seb GTR said:
Hi all, new member signing in! Feels like a privelege to be among GTR owners! I'm also looking for some help: next year, i turn 21, finish uni, and will have around £10k to use on a new car. My options thus far have centered on: Nissan 300ZX TT, Supra MKIV TT, Lancer Evo IV, Impreza, and now an R32. I've been loitering on most of the above car forums, but I'm more confused than i was to begin with. Is the R32 the best choice, and will i get a good one for £10k??? Thanks in advance guys, i need some guidance!! Damn these choices!

Seb
Seb,

Yes the R32 GTR is the best choice, stick with the inline 6s!

This is the order I rank them:

1, GTR
2, MKIV
3, ZX
4, EVO
5, WRX

Good luck.
Jeff

·
Registered
356 Posts
Insurance is crazy. I'm 21 and paying just over £4k for a r33 gtrwhich is garaged with good postcode. The quote includes one previous claim.

Waqas

·
Registered
69 Posts
Billysan said:
Just a thought for you, Im 22 with 2 years NCB and on my 400+bhp 32GTR Im paying £1700 fully comp with everything declared, through Tesco's!!
Seb living in London will push the price up, though!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ouch London too!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the offer, but i won't be buying anything till next year, after i turn 21. besides, i, like you, am aiming for a GTR. Heres hoping

Seb

1 - 16 of 16 Posts