GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just joined up recently as I'm planning on importing an R32 GTR before summer gets here and this seemed like a sensible place to keep an eye on aftermarket bits, reliability issues etc!

I've not had a skyline before although I have had some fun jap cars - mk3 supra and mk2 MR2 were probably the most fun I've had so far! I'm 24 and the GTR will be my 10th car so I want it to be special and last a while, hence wanting a fresh, tidy import.

I'll be placing my order soon, just gathering up cash and selling off the stuff in the garage to make way for it. Any help/tips would be much appreciated - I know there are some tidy cars in the UK already but I want this one to be special and I'd like to be the only UK owner!

Cheers,
Tom

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome along :)

I've just imported an r33 gtr through JM Imports, collection next week :D

Highly recommend you talk to Jurgen at JM.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Cheers :)

I've read good things about both JM and New Era - I'm happy to wait and get the right car and both seem to be pretty thorough!

·
Registered
252 Posts

As Hazz says... speak to Jurgen about a fresh import.
You WILL NOT BE dissapointed with his examples.

Btw Hazz is it the black R33 you're getting??
I'm buying the grey R32 GTR from Jurgen.
Was hoping to collect it this Saturday coming but still waiting to hear back from DVLA so think it is gonna be next week :(
Cant stand the wait...

·
Registered
32 Posts
There are a lot of people over here in Japan buying up R32's and getting them ready to head to the states. I am just waiting to see what problems people find and their solutions. Welcome to the forum, im new here as well. Good luck finding the right one.

·
Registered
100 Posts

Was hoping to collect it this Saturday coming but still waiting to hear back from DVLA so think it is gonna be next week :(
Cant stand the wait...
Yep, the black 33 is mine :D I'm waiting on the same thing mate, it's murder aint it lol

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yep, the black 33 is mine :D I'm waiting on the same thing mate, it's murder aint it lol
It bloody is.... i hate waiting, especially when buying a new car XD

Seen pictures of your one, the chassis is unbelievably clean.
Is it fairly stock or got a small spec on yours?
Mines is pretty stock as you can see but got a small spec, mostly Nismo parts :D
Jurgen informed me 2 days ago it has a Nismo front LSD yusssss haha XD

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There are a lot of people over here in Japan buying up R32's and getting them ready to head to the states. I am just waiting to see what problems people find and their solutions. Welcome to the forum, im new here as well. Good luck finding the right one.
Cheers, I'm in the uk which makes importing one a lot easier by the look of it! I'd love to spend some time out in Japan, there must be some awesome cars on the roads out there

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Cant stand the wait...
Have you had much of a delay with the DVLA? What's holding it up?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DVLA takes around 2 weeks normally

these are the other examples,

we have another silver super clean R32 being prepared at the moment. The Saurus car will remain on GTROC.
Has the silver one been spoken for? Could you pm me details and photos please if not?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cheers, I'm in the uk which makes importing one a lot easier by the look of it! I'd love to spend some time out in Japan, there must be some awesome cars on the roads out there
There are some amazing cars and most of the roads around here are pretty small and scary to drive on.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts