GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have been wandering around the forum anonymously for a while now and decided it was about time to say hi and see if I could find out a couple of things...

As you can see i am still pre-skyline but hope to rectify the situation within a few years (still a student atm)

To pick your brains, I know that there are various GTS versions of the 32, 33 & 34 with an auto 'box (a neccecity unfortunately) but was wondering if anyone has come across a GTR with one in stock trim or as a conversion (R33/34). If not does anyone know how compatable the high end engine is to the box and if there would be any space or electronic issues when combining it to GTR / V-spec.

I am mostly interested in the 33/34 but am open to ideas.

Finally I have a cousin with a 1995 R33 V-spec with around 600bhp (no i havnt been in it and yes it's killing me!) that has recently eaten its triple plate clutch... I was wondering if anyone has any info on replacement suppliers/prices i can pass on. He has mentioned he has found a few for around the thousand mark...

Cheers

-NiM

Rover 25 1.8iS Steptronic

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
good choice of car..

why not get a gts25T which I believe you can get in Auto guise and get it tuned up to about 300 or so ponies.

getting an auto box strong enough to hold 600 in check would require a very open chequebook.

as for the triple plate for a grand tell your mate to let us know !! they are usually about 1600 or so.

best of luck.

Steve

·
Registered
520 Posts
If it's BIG power you're after

...you could always go for a Supra TT (I can't beleive I am saying this); the auto boxes on these can handle a fair amount of power. The one that won it's class at 10 of the best was an Auto.

Then all you need is a chest wig to go with it. :)

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
NiM,
Can I suggest you post on the Skylines Down Under forum, as these guys have a huge knowledge of the various auto / non-GTR versions available.

I think there is a R32 GTS4 available with an auto box, this is basically an R32 GTS, with 4wd running gear and a RB20DET engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Guys

Cheers for the info guys, as I suspected, no GTR's :(

I will ask my cousin for you although i suspect it will be second hand or some sort of custom job as he is an engineer by trade.

With reguards to power the standard (or slightly above) output would be great its just that i like the GTR trim 4wd ect.

Supra idea is a good one and something that i have thought about along with the RX7, Evo VII GTA (would need to be restored to 'proper' evo spec) WRX (autos need to be imported from oz) as well as many others... It is very limiting looking for an auto, especially if you tend to lean towards 4wd monsters or a more raw experience... no elises or teg's with auto boxes either :rolleyes:

-NiM

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Ventured Over Form The OCUK Forums fo a while have you NiM? Or are you not that guy?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No not that guy ZXSpectrum although spookily enough i am an IT student (assuming ocuk is something to do with overclockers) I have just bought a GF4 too... niice! The only other forum I post on is EVO and then very sporadically.

-NiM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts